Insights Lead- Neuroscience
Apply To JobPosting Title
Insights Lead- NeuroscienceEmployee Type
Rare DiseasesSearch Location(s)
Switzerland - ZugDivision
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We have best-in-class products available in more than 100 countries across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal / Internal Medicine / Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; a growing franchise in Oncology; and an emerging, innovative pipeline in Ophthalmics.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
Provides strategic business insights capabilities for Neuroscience. This role will have an in depth understanding of the brand/molecule/therapeutic area and will consolidate insights from primary market research, forecasting, analytics, and competitive intelligence into insights and recommendations (where possible). As a partner to the product team, brings independent and strategic thinking to the - supports and challenges where appropriate.
Provides ad hoc as well as regular analyses to the Product team to support ongoing business decisions and activities in the development/refinement of commercial tactics/ strategy for the brand/molecule/therapeutic area
• Explore industry trends and emerging markets and presents their implications to GPS and Product Teams
• Designs and consequently delivers reports to Global Commercial Team on Brand performance to ensure informed decisions; offers suggestions on action plans
• For brand planning, brings key contribution to Situational Analysis by consolidating critical/ relevant insights from yearly information-generating activities
• Work closely with the Forecasting and Analytics Lead to accurately and comprehensively project current and future products/ indications
• Partners with the F&A lead to define forecast-related market research needs, and integrate into the yearly market research projects/ plans
• Generates evidence/ insights to feed into the forecacst and grounds assumptions into facts
• Participates in consensus gaining process for strategic forecasts, including brand team meetings and presentations
• Helps identify scenario planning and sensitiveity development for risks and opportunities
Designs and implements global market research projects and activities related to strategic decision support, and deliver high quality business insights, specifically:
• Identifies data gaps and generates a yearly market research roadmap for the Product, including business needs, timelines, methodology, and budget.
• Responsible for execution of market research projects, including vendor selection and management, internal alignment and approvals (CMLR), utilization of new research methodologies and data sources (where appropriate), and presenting the final deliverables with the global and regional teams
• Manages global primary and secondary market research for in-line Products and LCM opportunities; supports New Products team by leading research in the therapeutic area
• Translates market research information into strategic implications and provides recommendations to Brand Team.
• Ensures regional dissemination of market research results and implications
• Ensures incorporation of Regional needs in market research roadmap.
• Collaborates closely with the US and International teams to ensure no duplication of work
Education and Experience
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Health Sciences or related discipline / Business Administration.
• MBA/M.Sc./Pharm.D. an asset
• Recommended 10+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry 5 years of experience in forecasting, market research and competitive intelligence in an international capacity is preferred.
• Experience of project management across a range of functions, seniority, and geography
• Business development and/or marketing experience is preferred
Apply To Job