Apply To JobPosting Title
Executive AssistantEmployee Type
Switzerland - ZugDivision
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We have best-in-class products available in more than 100 countries across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal / Internal Medicine / Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; a growing franchise in Oncology; and an emerging, innovative pipeline in Ophthalmics.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
Provides executive level administrative support to the Head of International Commercial, which will often involve contact and exposure to highly confidential materials and information
Responsibilities include screening calls; managing calendars; making travel, meeting and event arrangements; preparing reports and financial data; training and supervising other support staff; and customer relations.
Requires strong computer and Internet research skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
Sensitivity to confidential matters is required.
• Manages complex and global schedules; schedules meetings and makes travel arrangements and manages expense reporting
• Manages – in coordination with the Head of Strategy & Operations, the International Commercial Calendar
• Accountable for International Leadership Team (ILT) and other department meeting planning and organization (schedule attendees, book conference rooms, VTCs, arrange catering, prepare presentations, compile notebooks, meeting materials, handouts, etc).
• Monitors, screens, responds to & distributes incoming communications (inbox, phone, …), and answers & manages incoming calls & e-mails.
• Represents the Head of International Commercial by welcoming visitors, reviewing correspondence; arranging company dinners and other corporate functions; answering questions and meeting requests directed to the Head of International Commercial
• Provides phone support; assumes responsibility for administration support and developing and maintaining filing systems; hard copy and/or electronic
• Processes accounts payable invoices and all aspects of expense reporting
• Manages IRIS Sharedrive & coordinates upload of presentations
• Proactively responds to questions, concerns and requests for information and resolves routine questions and information requests
• Manages the administrative priorities of the Head of International Commercial, solves conflicting priorities
• Monitors & manages approval requests (hiring requests, travel request, …)
• Key role in liaising with Exec Assistants and other members of Sr. Staff
• Ad hoc projects, as assigned, including involvement in arrangements for offsite meetings
Education and Experience
• Bachelor degree equivalent
• At least 5 years’ experience providing support at senior level management in a complex global environment
• Extensive working knowledge of MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint, including advanced knowledge of MS Outlook is essential
• Sensitivity to confidential matters is required. - Able to handle confidential information and issues effectively and without breach of confidentiality.
• Experience with expense reporting systems/ software.
• Strong interpersonal skills; position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy
• Able to interact and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization up to and including Board level.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; preferably German, French or other European languages
• Confident, self-starter who can work well with minimum of supervision
• Requires strong attention to detail in composing and proofing materials, establishing priorities, scheduling and meeting deadlines.
• Able to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple competing tasks and demands.
• Flexible in handling multiple tasks of a different nature and have the ability to prioritize efficiently.
• Problem solver who is quick to figure solutions and make things happen.
• Displays flexibility in time management to get the job done.
• Makes decisions concerning business priorities on Manager's calendar, as well as decisions on operational arrangements for meetings etc.
Apply To Job