Apply To JobPosting Title
Finance Project Manager (based in Zug)Job Id
Switzerland, Zurich, ZurichJob Category
Finance and Accounting
DescriptionThe Finance Project Manager is responsible for overseeing and executing assigned projects under the direction of the EU Controller and International Controller. The Project Manager works within the European Controller’s Group (ECG) which provides European entities support to ensure adherence with finance, accounting and compliance policies, procedures, and regulations through trainings, monitoring activities and projects. The Project Manager will plan, direct, and ensure the successful outcome of projects and collaborate with various stakeholders to ensure alignment with other business functions and feasibility of project deliverables. Projects will focus primarily on finance, accounting, and compliance topics. Additional responsibilities may be given to support the success of the European Controller’s Group, as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide clarity on operational responsibilities and accountability for various finance processes.
• Localize corporate policies for European use and establish responsibility and accountant ability for processes and tasks.
• Serve as single point of contact for European controllers, corporate accounting, and project managers for questions pertaining to finance processes, policies, and accounting.
• Provide support for business reorganization activities.
• Advise leadership and/or business executives about the status of assigned projects across Baxalta with a particular focus on the impact to the region covered by the Swiss Principal.
• Develop work processes and associated procedures and work instructions to guide finance and accounting teams in execution of work.
• Assess, analyze, and evaluate issues and make timely decisions with stakeholders at all levels to resolve problems or challenges.
• Support colleagues with defining business problems and challenges into actionable items and guide resolution of items
• Ensure processes align with internal controls, especially SOX requirements, and company Policies.
• Operate independently, drive processes, identify and implement process improvements, establish and adjust priorities to achieve objectives and operate with speed and agility
• Represent the European Controllers’ Group on special task forces, cross function teams, and working groups, as needed.
• Analyze transactions to understand accounting and propose correcting entries as necessary to ensure compliance with US GAAP and corporate accounting guidance.
• Assist in clarifying guidance and improving processes related compliance topics and the related accounting and finance for such activities.
The position will be initially based in Zurich (Glattpark) and will move to Zug by 2017.
Qualifications-Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/ Finance (or country equivalent), MBA is a plus.
-Certified Public Account (CPA) or country equivalent.
-Project Management certification (PRINCE2, PMP, or equivalent.) is a plus.
-Minimum 10 years of experience
-Previous “Big 4” Accounting/ consulting experience a plus.
-Field of expertise Business/ financial environment, Life Science/ Pharmaceutical/ Biotechnology experience, a plus.
-Strong business acumen and ability to manage teams, multiple projects, and build business partnerships.
-Must be organized, analytical, able to operationalize complex topics, and proficient at influencing cross-functional stakeholders.
-In depth experience and knowledge of finance and accounting procedures and processes
-Experience with US GAAP and SOX regulations, additional accounting principles preferred
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal communication, collaboration, and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with project management frameworks and application.
- Experience influencing indirect resources.
- Knowledge of global pharmaceutical compliance frameworks and global transparency reporting requirements, such as the U.S. Sunshine Act and the EFPIA Transparency Code preferred.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
- Willing to travel, if necessary as needed
Excellent English is required, German is a plus.
Excellent level: Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
Working level: JD Edwards or another ERP system and Hyperion.
Apply To Job