Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Strategic R&D Director - Medical Devices
SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
Our client is a professional Medical Devices organization, based in Zürich Switzerland.
This company produces Class II electrical devices for use in the surgery room. They are part of an US based international medical devices company, with their European headquarters in Switzerland.
In this role, you will provide full strategic leadership and tactical direction to the development of the companies electrical medical devices. The role is vital in making sure new innovative and high quality products reach the market. In this, you will be overseeing (and responsible for) the whole product development cycle, from early research to development of the new product, but also thereafter the production and aftersales, including all maintenance. This all within staffing, budget, quality and time constraints as set by you.
All in all, your role will be vital in the introduction of new generations of electrical medical products for my client.
- Driving the development of the products following needs of the market
- Building of strategic development plans for devices
- Participating in studies for investment opportunities
- Responsible for the drafting of both the yearly output and budget plans
- Leading and developing of Research & Development teams and departments
- Overseeing set goals are reached within timeframe and budget plans
- Cross-working via matrix organization with Project Management
- Finding opportunities for patent registration within the new device development and innovation
- Working together with all relevant internal departments for development and release of products
- Working together with all relevant external departments (CMO's, CRO's etc) for development and release of products
- Look beyond the medical devices industry to find new and innovative ways to develop the companies' products
- Working together with Marketing department to find new opportunities for the companies' products
- BSc in Engineering, MBA or MSc preferred
- 10+ years in product development (electronic or medical devices engineering preferred)
- 5+ years of line management experience
- Strong experience in FDA 21CFR 820, ISO 13485, MDD 93/42/EEC, IEC 60601 and other relevant Medical Devices guidelines
- Experience with successful device development and market launches
- Experience in Product manufacturing transfer
- Experience in buy/make decisions
- Fluent in English
- Fluency in German and/or French a huge plus
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Daniel Woudenberg.