Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Senior Director of Operations
SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
Our client is a professional Medical Devices organization, based in Basel-Landschaft Switzerland.
My client is a Mid-sized enterprise in the Swiss Medical Devices industry. They are planning to expand to Austria to set up manufacturing sites in here as well. They are rapidly growing due to their innovative products and techniques.
The Senior Director of Operations reports to the President and is responsible for direction, strategy, and planning and execution for the Companies Operations (manufacturing / supply chain management and service).
- Manage employees and hands-on operation of the Companies manufacturing and service function, whether in-house or sub-contracted.
- Ensure that, as the company grows, operations and service capabilities meet or exceed all industry and customer requirements for cost, quality and responsiveness.
- Work closely with the President on manufacturing and service plans, goals, and future product innovations.
- Play an active role in senior-level negotiations with client companies and manufacturing / service partners.
- Develop and manage budgeting and budget execution with a focus on product costs and margins.
- Direct all production control, purchasing, and shipping/receiving activities.
- Partner with sales and clinical team to discuss and set scheduling timelines for product delivery.
- Motivate and engage staff, recognizing the role as the support resource / mentor in Operations function.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the manufacturing / purchasing process transfer is meeting and exceeding the customer requirements.
- BS in Engineering (EE, ME, Industrial Engineering) required, MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in product engineering, service, manufacturing engineering, fab management and/or operations in a certified manufacturing organisation (ISO9001 or ISO13485).
- Experience in materials management, from planning through purchasing, and negotiation and administration of multi-million CHF procurement agreements.
- Established relationships with the full range of worldwide sub-contract manufacturers and familiarity with their capabilities, pricing strategies, and negotiation tactics.
- Good understanding of business operations, financial drivers, industry trends and best practices with experience in the Medical Device Industry strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in the areas of setting strategic focus, team building, employee development and quality improvement in product delivery.
- Self-starter and a team player that will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Large- and small-company experience, ideally in leading operations in a rapid-growth
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Daniel Woudenberg.