Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Sr. Sc. Appl. Bioinformatics (Pl. Sc.)
SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
Our client is a professional Agriculture organization, based in Basel-Stadt Switzerland.
My clients are well-known multinationals specialised in Plant Breeding (e.g. vegetables, cereals, corn, soy, sugar beet, sunflower) and among the most successful in the market. Due to structural growth and very ambitious plans toward the future, stimulating environments are present with many possibilities for personal touch. Growth opportunities are all around and freedom to influence strategy and
Senior Scientist Bioinformatics. Due to the success of my clients R&D schemes and future plans to set up multiple ambitious projects in plant biotech-breeding, their Bioinformatics teams need to be strengthened with Senior Scientists Bioinformatics. The key of these role is Applied Bioinformatics to help the breeding programs to speed up and to bring competitive varieties to the market.
Your role entails gathering, integrating and mining of experimental data derived from the different omics-platforms. As an expert Scientist Bioinformatics, you are asked to participate in the interpreting of biological data, staying up to date on literature, to connect with academics, and propose innovative approaches. A challenging role in the forefront of innovation!
- Set up and lead projects to enhance usage of biotechnology tools such as NGS, marker assays and genotyping by the different departments
- Provide all the R&D departments of my client with support regarding Bioinformatics
- Management of public and private data used in the Molecular Breeding department
- Development and/or implementation of workflows, pipelines, platforms, and tools to process, manage and make available such data
- High throughput data analysis consultation and training for scientists and research assistants of the Molecular Breeding teams
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Systems Biology, Genetics, Genomics or related field with a strong link/affinity with Plant Biotechnology
- Experienced with mining of biological data
- Experience with development and implementation of research strategies
- Extensive experience with scripting languages (Perl, R, PHP, Python)
- Knowledge of and experience with Unix or Linux operating systems
- Experience with project management in regards to genomics/bioinformatics
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with requirements analysis, design, development and/or implementation of genomics database and tool platforms
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Laura Mendel.