Manager - Life Sciences Consulting
C1 is a strategic partner to our pharmaceutical and biotech clients. In today’s healthcare environment, data-driven decision making in complex disease areas is a complex science. Often, our clients find that return on investment in secondary data and market research is unrealized due to gaps in data, time, resources, and expertise. At C1, we help clients actuate unforeseen potential using a robust, analytic driven process. We start by overcoming data gaps to create a reliable, high-quality dataset. Next, we connect the dots with a unique insight-generation skillset. Finally, we help clients realize exceptional value through an expert implementation mindset.
C1 was established in 2004 and has exhibited steady growth year after year. We have offices in Boston (MA), Manhattan (NY), San Francisco (CA), Summit (NJ), and Lucerne, Switzerland
C1 Consulting is seeking an experienced Manager for our Lucerne (Switzerland) office who will work closely with our leadership team to drive our company’s growth, and with project teams to drive and execute client engagements. C1 stands for "Customers First" and successful candidates for this position are passionate about problem solving and enjoy working directly with clients to meet their business objectives.
The position has four core components:
- Client Management: Manage the client relationship for one or more clients. This aspect of the role includes business development/generating new projects as well as management of sold projects to ensure high client satisfaction.
- Project Leadership: Managers are expected to be a "hands on" member of each project team and provide direction to ensure that projects meet client needs and business objectives, that the design, analysis, and deliverables are of the highest quality, and that team members have a clear understanding of their roles and responsibilities. Managers at C1 may be involved in moderating qualitative interviews (with our customers, Key Opinion Leaders, physicians, patients, and other stakeholders) on consulting and market research projects.
C1 projects are most often staffed with two to four team members. Working with small teams creates a close working relationship with other C1 team members and clients. Direct involvement of all team members with clients enables a better understanding of their needs and how project results and insights get used.
- People Management: This position will have multiple direct reports and will be actively involved in staff professional development and mentoring. As a small firm, C1 relies heavily on on-the-job learning. Managers work closely with their direct reports to provide training and advice on client projects, develop professional development goals, provide career guidance, and evaluate performance.
- Company Development: C1 is a small, dynamic consulting firm and each C1 team member has a role in making our company stronger. This position will be responsible for leading one of our important strategic initiatives which may be internally focused or externally focused, depending on skills and interests.
- Graduate of a top Masters, MBA or PhD program with at least 5-7 years of relevant work experience in pharmaceutical/biotechnology marketing, market research or consulting
- Possess a strong understanding of the commercialization, forecasting, marketing and sales processes for pharmaceutical drugs, diagnostics, and/or medical devices
- Have a strong analytic background. Experience with business analytics or computational data analytics (“big data”) is highly desired
- Have the ability to recommend creative methods to address clients’ objectives, interpret complex data, and draw key implications from results
- Candidates with 8+ years of relevant work experience may be considered for an Associate Director position
Qualities that we seek:
In addition to strong educational background and work experience, we evaluate the following:
- Passion for problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional work ethic and teamwork
- Strong leadership
Why should I apply to C1:
Professional growth – At C1, we invest in our employees’ long term professional development. C1 is a dynamic and growing company and the manager position offers significant opportunity for growth to propel your career forward
Great environment– A collegial team environment, meritocracy and openness are the drivers of our company. We are a rapidly growing consulting company and you will be in the center of it all.
Compensation– We offer a competitive salary plus an attractive benefits package that meets the needs of our employees and our business model
- Challenging and exciting work – We consult and work with a variety of biotech and pharmaceutical clients. You will work on innovative and challenging projects that help our clients make important strategic decisions