Are you interested in working for a company who is passionate about its customers? Who lives its values and nurtures its employees? Then Medela is the company for you.
Founded in 1961 by Olle Larsson and headquartered in Switzerland, Medela today is led by his son Michael Larsson. Medela concentrates on two business units: "Human Milk", with basic research recognised globally and leading in the development and manufacture of breastfeeding products and solutions, and "Healthcare", engineering and manufacturing highly innovative medical vacuum technology solutions. Medela has 18 subsidiaries in Europe, North America and Asia, distributes its products in over 100 countries and employs over 1,600 staff worldwide.
At our headquarters in Baar, we are seeking for the business unit Human Milk
Specialist for Bioanalytics of Human Milk 80% - 100% (f/m)
- Become the go-to person on the topic of human milk especially in regards to the definition and the quantification of the quality of human milk
- Keep-up with the time line for the development of the first product in regards to preservation, diagnostics and enhancement of human milk
- Connect to Medela's external network of scientists in the field of human milk
- Establish and maintain your own network of experts in the field of human milk
- Translate newest science into analytical routines and / or preparative processes
- Test those routines and processes with an external service provider or internally in Medela's own laboratory facilities
- Build Medela's own laboratory facilities for human milk according the needs identified
- Support Medela's engineers by pioneering devices and services in regards to preservation, diagnostics and enhancement of human milk
- Support the yearly executed technology scouting process if search fields around human milk are defined
- Drive together with clinical affairs applied clinical studies if needed
- Connect to global design to learn about the different use cases of breastfeeding, feeding mothers own milk, feeding donor milk, etc.
- Get IP protection for major invention in collaboration with the intellectual property team
- Help to develop our main processes in collaboration with the engineering excellence team
- Master GMP, ISO and other regulations in the field of human milk
- Lead the definition of internal standards together with biomedical research
- Complies with ISO, FDA, and other regulatory standards
- Seek alignment with the new global brand direction
- PhD degree in Biophysics, Biochemistry, Biology or a related field
- Robust background in bioanalytical technologies
- Communication, presentation, commercial negotiation and leadership skills are essential
- Fluent in English and German any another European language is a plus
Your opportunityWe offer you a future-oriented, growing business environment with great development potential. You have the opportunity to implement your own ideas and actively contribute the success of Medela AG. In addition, you can expect a modern working environment and a good working atmosphere.
If you are interested in this opportunity, Diana Krnja, Recruiting Specialist, is looking forward to receiving your application.
» back to search
Medela AG, Lättichstrasse 4b, 6340 Baar www.medela.ch