Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Graduate Actuarial Analyst
Graduate Actuarial Analyst
Switzerland - Adliswil
Corporate Title: Associate
Division: Life&Health Business Management
Department: Actuarial Mgmt L&H Continental Europe&LA
Recruiter: Cécile Pineau
About the role
We are looking for graduates with strong interpersonal skills who are eager to learn and broaden their knowledge and expertise.
For our graduates@swissre programme, we invite people with a Bachelor, Master or PhD degree with 0-3 years of professional experience to apply for this unique opportunity.
The programme offers you the chance to join the dynamic, fast-moving world of a specialised financial services organisation. Over an 18-month period, you'll receive on-the-job training in your role and an opportunity for a job rotation.
About the team
This position is an exciting opportunity to join the Life and Health (L&H) Actuarial Management team in Zurich, which is part of the L&H business management EMEA division. The mandate of this team is to report on and analyse Swiss Re's actuarial liabilities for Continental Europe and Latin America on multiple reporting bases, and to assist in proactively managing the in-force book.
The team consists of approximately 25 employees in Zurich / London, with support from a further dozen staff members in Bangalore, India. The team is a highly diverse mix of nationalities, languages and gender. The majority of the team have actuarial qualifications from a range of actuarial associations (IFoA, SoA, SAV, DAV, etc), specialising in L&H Reserving & Valuation. The team also includes financial professionals and Moses modelling experts.
As a Graduate Actuarial Analyst your responsibilities will be:
• Support one of the market owners in the calculation, analysis and quarterly reporting of the actuarial liabilities of a market within Continental Europe or Latin America.
• Support the building and maintenance of the valuation and projection system as well as testing valuation model updates.
• Assist in responding to requests from clients, reinsurance partners, regulators, internal and external auditors, and rating agencies.
• You may be involved in the on-boarding of new large transactions and recaptures of existing business.
• Responsible for supporting other development/ad hoc projects.
• Successfully completed university degree, preferably in actuarial science or near equivalent
• Strong interest in/motivation to learn about insurance/reinsurance. Some knowledge of L&H products in Continental Europe and Latin America will be an advantage but this is not mandatory.
• Approaches problems with curiosity and open-mindedness, is a fast learner
• Strong analytical skills and can focus on details without losing track of the bigger picture
• Mature & self-confident; able to work with clients, business partners or senior colleagues
• Ability and enthusiasm to work in a global and multicultural environment
• Excellent oral and written English skills; additional European language skills advantageous
• Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word). Ideally, some knowledge of the Moses actuarial projection system not a requirement but advantageous