Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Head of Pricing Actuarial iptiQ EMEA
Head of Pricing Actuarial iptiQ EMEA
Switzerland - Zurich
About Swiss Re
This is your opportunity to join Swiss Re Group - one of the world's leading wholesale providers of reinsurance, insurance and other innovative forms of insurance-based risk transfer. Our business at Swiss Re is about understanding and analysing the major risks that concern the world - from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. We combine experience with expertise and innovative thinking to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. And we enable the risk-taking essential to enterprise and progress. This is only possible with around 10,000 truly exceptional Swiss Re people across our group worldwide.
About the role
• Establishment and management of a high performing actuarial pricing team with excellence in quality & delivery
• Develop a strong framework of functional activities supporting the full pricing lifecycle and embed within the team
with a strong focus on quality and efficiency
• Deliver pricing of protection products (Life, CI, IP, WoL and associated riders) across Europe balancing commercial
and customer value
• Ensure robust economic and actuarial evaluation of commercial agreements
• Contribute to product development and design with a strong focus on risk management appropriately balanced with
customer value and experience
• Specification and testing of products set up by third party administrators, assisting with system fixes as required
• Approving consumer literature, such as policy documents and supporting development of regulatory filings
• Provide key actuarial input into business planning and projections
• Undertake ongoing monitoring of the portfolio, distribution contract reviews etc.
• Adhoc contribution to the activities of Life Capital and to the primary value strategy across Swiss Re
• Support the sales teams internally and externally with client management
About the team
This is your opportunity to join one of the world's leading insurers as the leader of our direct insurance pricing team. iptiQ Europe is part of Swiss Re's Life Capital division, which manages all our closed and open life & health insurance portfolios. We are a start-up, established to deliver innovative protection solutions sold direct to consumers through Distribution Partners. Our team delivers the coordination, infrastructure and competences key to driving forward this new business, while working closely with the rest of the Swiss Re Group.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to lead the iptiQ Europe Pricing team. We are establishing a new team with responsibility to deliver competitive and commercially viable pricing for our distribution deals. We are looking for an ambitious and innovative self-starter to play a key role in this key strategic Swiss Re initiative.
The role has 2 key deliverables: to grow iptiQ's presence across Europe, securing new distribution partnerships which balance excellent customer value with strong commercials for iptiQ. To give iptiQ a competitive edge through driving a high performing team who leverage innovative actuarial techniques & processes.
• Qualified Actuary with significant work experience in life protection costing/pricing across Europe (5 years or more)
• Proven insight in respect of commercial & business value balanced with customer value and experience
• Client centric attitude and experience working with external clients/distributors and focused on the needs of customers
• Demonstrated exposure in dealing with the areas that interact with such a role e.g. underwriting, claims, operations,
reserving, sales, legal, compliance
• Accuracy and commitment to quality
• Integrity and consumer awareness
• Flexibility in managing a team of senior Pricing Actuaries as well as getting stuck in when the work demands
• Comfortable managing multiple deliverables and reprioritisation
• Excellent communication skills in English both verbally and written
In addition the following would be beneficial
• Experience in establishing and leading high performing pricing teams
• A proven innovative and entrepreneurial attitude and track record with excellent delivery skills
• Comfortable in an area that is fluid and developing
• Multiple European languages