Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Swiss Country Claims Manager
Switzerland - Adliswil
Corporate Title: Vice President
Division: CSC-Claims Corporate Solutions (50008353)
Department: CSCE-Claims EMEA (50012794)
Recruiter: Emmanuelle Leblanc
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions offers innovative insurance solutions for multi-national corporations around the globe. Backed by the financial strength of the Swiss Re group, we assist more than 50,000 customers worldwide in mitigating their risk exposure. With a workforce of 2,400 experts in more than 50 offices, Swiss Re Corporate Solutions is a growing business unit within Swiss Re that is seeking entrepreneurial talent.
About the role
• Qualified candidates should have significant experience in the handling of direct primary claims dedicated to the Swiss country Insurance market including experience as to how the Swiss market operates, the various insurance products available and local market standards. The role also requires the candidate to have an in depth understanding of the legal and regulatory regimes applicable within Switzerland.
• Manage existing client relationships, including brokers, and support growth of new customer relationships by driving the claims value proposition (Claims Commitment) including the supporting growth strategy of Corporate Solutions.
• Investigate, negotiate and settle a caseload of claims within designated authority.
• Promoting Corporate Solutions technical claims expertise and profile in the market.
• Embrace the Corporate Solutions Claims Commitment (CCC) service proposition, ensuring that all direct reports are familiar with its content.
• Recommending appropriate reserves & payments, and escalation in accordance with Corporate Solutions operating "Claims Handling Guidelines", and recording the same information on the applicable claims system.
• Develop key Corporate Solutions internal stakeholder relationships and to be the interface between claims and Corporate Solutions Switzerland Retail team.
• Liaise regularly with underwriters to keep them informed and updated of developments on individual claims and any loss patterns.
• Operate as an effective team member by supporting colleagues and contributing in the delivery and achievement of the overall team and business objectives.
• Update enhance and maintain technical knowledge through CPD and relevant training.
• Contribute to the development, education and mentoring of department staff, looking to develop best practice and sharing of industry knowledge.
About the team
This Swiss Country Claims Manager position will be part of the EMEA Claims team reporting directly to EMEA Head of Claims.
The role holder will be a member of the EMEA Claims Leadership Team and will also have responsibility for the management of a broad range of primary lead claims for all lines of business written by the Swiss Retail underwriting teams based within Switzerland (not wholesale).
The role will support the Switzerland growth strategy and will have a strong internal and external client focus, which will likely include attendance at prospective client meetings.
The Swiss Retail claims team will comprise a team of 1 or 2 at most on initial set up and the role will be expected to manage this team in order to meet departmental objectives.
Further duties will include developing position papers and delivering presentations to internal and external audiences.
• Solid Swiss primary commercial insurance claims expertise and market knowledge.
• Min. 10 years claims experience required.
• Strong technical, management and analytical skills and the ability to work independently.
• Self-motivated, able to take the initiative.
• Strategic & solution focused mind-set, ability to solve complex problems
• Good understanding of Financial and Reserving Processes.
• Strong verbal & written communication skills.
• Proven presentation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to include relationship building, good listener, influencing, and a team player.
• Proven negotiation skills.
• (Swiss) German and English language skills, other European languages such as French and Italian are a clear plus.