Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Graduate EVM Analyst
Graduate EVM Analyst
Switzerland - Adliswil
About the role
We are looking for graduates with strong interpersonal skills who are eager to learn and broaden their knowledge and expertise.
For our graduates@swissre programme, we invite people with a Bachelor, Master or PhD degree with 0-3 years of professional experience to apply for this unique opportunity.
The programme offers you the chance to join the dynamic, fast-moving world of a specialised financial services organisation. Over an 18-month period, you'll receive on-the-job training in your role and an opportunity for a job rotation.
About the team
You will be working in the Group Economic Value Management (EVM) team within the Group Reporting department. EVM applies capital market pricing techniques to valuing insurance operations, and is the framework used by Swiss Re for measuring value creation and steering the company, including planning, pricing, reserving and asset and liability management (ALM). EVM is also used as basis for economic-based regulatory reporting such as the Swiss Solvency Test (SST) or Solvency II. This position offers you an opportunity to gain deep insights on the principles of modern, economic-based insurance valuation and accounting frameworks and understand the value chain of the (re-)insurance business. You will be able to apply your academic experience to understand and further develop the framework.
More details on the valuation principles and uses of EVM within Swiss Re can be found EVM 2015 Annual Report and in the publication The Economics of Insurance available on the Swiss Re internet site.
Group EVM is a team of around 20 people located in Zurich/Adliswil.
The position will require close collaboration with colleagues in Finance, Treasury, Business Management, Risk Management and Underwriting on topics related to economic valuation and capital allocation. As a Graduate EVM Analyst, your responsibilities will be:
• You will support the Group EVM team in its role as the centre of competence for maintaining and further developing the valuation principles and standards of the EVM framework. This includes in particular:
• Maintaining the EVM parameters and methodology as well as reviewing the implementation of EVM in Finance and Underwriting valuation systems
• Assisting economic valuation Managers and Specialists in their roles as port of call for questions and discussions related to the EVM methodology, with the opportunity to become later on an expert in specific areas
• Analysing data, research and trends affecting economic valuations for insurance companies
• Supporting EVM reporting activities by analysing actual economic valuations and economic performance data
• Supporting the regulatory reporting colleagues in SST conceptual matters
• Successfully completed university degree, preferably in Economics, Corporate Finance or equivalent. Actuarial skills as an asset
• Strong interest in/motivation to learn about insurance/reinsurance and interest in economics and financial markets with the ability to converse on global topics.
• Approaches problems with curiosity and open-mindedness, is a fast learner
• Innovative, showing a high degree of own initiative
• Team-player, willingness to contribute actively to the overall team spirit
• Ability and enthusiasm to work in a global and multicultural environment
• Aptitude to express him-/herself effectively in one-on-one conversations and small groups
• Mature & self-confident; Able to work with clients, business partners or senior colleagues
• Capacity to readily adapt to a changing and dynamic environment
• Proven expertise to work independently and proactively
• Strong analytical skills and can focus on details without losing track of the bigger picture
• Excellent oral and written English skills
• Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Very good communication and interpersonal skills