Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Graduate Strategy Analyst
Graduate Strategy Analyst
Switzerland - Zurich
Corporate Title: Associate
Department: Reinsurance Strategy
Recruiter: Kirsty Leanne Davey
About Swiss Re
This is your opportunity to join one of the world's leading reinsurers. Our reinsurance business at Swiss Re is about understanding and analysing the major risks that concern the world - from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. We combine experience with expertise and innovative thinking to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. And we enable the risk-taking essential to enterprise and progress. This is only possible with around 10,000 truly exceptional Swiss Re people across our group worldwide.
About the role
We are looking for graduates with strong interpersonal skills who are eager to learn and broaden their knowledge and expertise.
For our graduates@swissre programme, we invite people with a Bachelor, Master or PhD degree with 0-3 years of professional experience to apply for this unique opportunity.
The programme offers you the chance to join the dynamic, fast-moving world of a specialised financial services organisation. Over an 18-month period, you'll receive on-the-job training in your role and an opportunity for a job rotation.
About the team
This is your opportunity to join Swiss Re Group - one of the world's leading wholesale providers of reinsurance, insurance and other innovative forms of insurance-based risk transfer. Our business at Swiss Re is about understanding and analysing the major risks that concern the world - from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. We combine experience with expertise and innovative thinking to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. And we enable the risk-taking essential to enterprise and progress.
Reinsurance Strategy is a small global team with members in Zurich, London, Hong Kong and Armonk (New York). We work closely with the Reinsurance CEO and Reinsurance Management Team on strategic initiatives & projects and support decision making & execution. The scope goes access all geographies and lines of business of Property & Casualty (P&C) as well as Life & Health (L&H) and includes competitor analysis & market intelligence. We are looking for a for a strong team player with outstanding analytical skills.
This role will be based in Zurich, with London as an option.
- Key tasks for the Graduate Strategy Analyst role are:
o Support senior team members with projects that contribute to the Reinsurance business unit's strategic priorities, covering Property and Casualty (P&C) and Life and Health (L&H) topics on a global basis
o Support colleagues in the preparation of quantitative and qualitative analysis, preparation of presentations and briefing material for internal management meetings (Reinsurance Management Team, Reinsurance Origination Committee, Finance Executive Team, Executive Committee) and external communication (Rating Agency meetings, Investor Days, Board of Directors (BoD) presentations)
o Contribute to competitor and market analysis
o Support various projects and ad-hoc analysis, working across lines of businesses, regions and organisational units.
• Successfully completed university degree
• Excellent oral and written English skills; additional language skills advantageous (e.g. German)
• Affinity to numbers, strong interest in/motivation to learn about insurance/reinsurance and finance
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills and focus on details without losing track of the bigger picture
• Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Approaches problems with curiosity and open-mindedness, is a fast learner
• Innovative, showing a high degree of own initiative
• Team-player, willingness to contribute actively to the overall team spirit
• Ability and enthusiasm to work in a global and multicultural environment
• Proven expertise to work independently and proactively
• Aptitude to express him-/herself effectively in one-on-one conversations and small groups
• Mature & self-confident; Able to work with senior colleagues, business partners or clients
• Capacity to readily adapt to a changing and dynamic environment
• Very good communication and interpersonal skills