Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Graduate Trend Spotting Analyst
Graduate Trend Spotting Analyst
Switzerland - Zurich
Corporate Title: Associate
Division: Group Underwriting
Department: Casualty Centre
Recruiter: Cécile Pineau
About the role
We are looking for graduates with strong interpersonal skills who are eager to learn and broaden their knowledge and expertise.
For our graduates@swissre programme, we invite people with a Bachelor, Master or PhD degree with 0-3 years of professional experience to apply for this unique opportunity.
The programme offers you the chance to join the dynamic, fast-moving world of a specialised financial services organisation. Over an 18-month period, you'll receive on-the-job training in your role and an opportunity for a job rotation.
About the team
The Trend Spotting Team within Underwriting Strategy is an exciting unit created at the highest level in the organization to provide forward-looking, data-driven analysis in order to enhance risk assessment and business decisions. Most of the work of the Trend Spotting Team is in the context of projects rather than repeating deliverables. The team conducts quantitative analyses to understand factors and trends influencing the insurance industry and assess their impact, today and in the future. You will support a variety of projects cutting across Swiss Re business units and lines of business, with an initial focus on US Casualty.
The Trend Spotting Team is a Global team located in Zurich and the United States and diverse team that brings the perspective of different disciplines - we are insurance professionals, actuaries, economists, scientists and modellers.
As a Graduate Trend Spotting Analyst, you will:
• Assist in the analyses on internal and external trend data to determine impact of prioritized trends on costing relevant parameters, including research, data analysis and modelling and analysing results
• Leverage a variety of data sources of varying sizes and complexity, including big data, natural language and other novel sources
• Support efforts to analyse and use external studies that link external trends with loss inflation, loss frequency trends or exposure growth
• Assist in the framing out of results for leadership and client updates
• Support efforts to incorporate results in to costing parameters, models and business playbooks / guidelines
• Support efforts to identify trends affecting the insurance landscape and initial assessments for prioritization
• Assist in building and maintaining a network of internal experts and colleagues to facilitate trendspotting analysis and research
• Successfully completed university degree, preferably in Natural/Social Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or Econometrics
• Statistical / quantitative background, including modelling and advanced data analysis, as well as related software tools.
• Proficiency in research, knack for identifying, sourcing and handling data
• Strong interest in/motivation to learn about insurance/reinsurance
• Approaches problems with curiosity and open-mindedness, is a fast learner
• Innovative, showing a high degree of own initiative
• Team-player, willingness to contribute actively to the overall team spirit
• Aptitude to express him-/herself effectively in one-on-one conversations and small groups
• Mature & self-confident; Able to work with clients, business partners or senior colleagues
• Capacity to readily adapt to a changing and dynamic environment
• Proven expertise to work independently and proactively
• Strong analytical skills and can focus on details without losing track of the bigger picture
• Excellent oral and written English skills is a must; German would be "helpful"
• Very good communication and interpersonal skills