Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Senior Operational Risk Manager
Senior Operational Risk Manager
Switzerland - Adliswil
About Swiss Re
This is your opportunity to join Swiss Re Group - one of the world's leading wholesale providers of reinsurance, insurance and other innovative forms of insurance-based risk transfer. Our business at Swiss Re is about understanding and analysing the major risks that concern the world - from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. We combine experience with expertise and innovative thinking to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. And we enable the risk-taking essential to enterprise and progress. This is only possible with around 10,000 truly exceptional Swiss Re people across our group worldwide.
About the role
The Operational Risk Manager (ORM) role is responsible for identifying, analyzing, and monitoring areas of operational risk within the Corporate and Enabling functions ORM team, including producing comprehensive risk reporting across all risk classes to allow senior management to effectively manage risk.
• Pro-actively drive an operational risk aware culture across the Group Functions (covering Asset Management, Group Finance, Risk Management, Group Operations, Global Partnerships, Group Underwriting and Group Strategy) to ensure that significant operational risks are brought to the attention and addressed by senior management.
• Involvement in ensuring appropriate management of operational, compliance and financial reporting related risks across the Group.
• Engage with business management in their risk identification, assessment and mitigation.
• Advise management in line with approved methodologies on effective process and control design especially in changing environments.
• Participate in risk reviews, jointly with other risk managers, in areas of significant risk exposure.
• Support the wider RM team and Division in implementing and maintaining an effective control environment.
• Operate within the three lines of defense governance model to ensure allocation of clear responsibilities for the management of operational risk.
• Establish and maintain regular communication with key stakeholders (e.g. business, governance teams, BU ORM teams, Compliance, GIA, PwC, etc.).
• Produce regular management reports on behalf of the Group functions, to highlight risk profiles, material risk exposures, and any operational losses arising from business activities
About the team
Corporate functions ORM team is part of Group ORM function and act as the Operational Risk Managers for all SR Group Functions (Asset Management, Group Finance, Risk Management, Group Operations, Global Partnerships, Group Underwriting and Group Strategy).
• Several years of experience in a role in reinsurance/insurance in particular in a finance function or experience as an Operational Risk Management / audit covering financial reporting relevant topics.
• Solid knowledge/experience in Risk Management
• Strong Finance skills and experience would be a plus
• Excellent communication skills, convincing and persistent personality
• Integrative and persuasive skills
• Team Player, sensitive to cultural differences
• Established and maintains networks with senior management in the company
• Ability to manage multiple topics simultaneously
• Willingness to share knowledge and experience within and across team and other risk management functions
• Proficiency in English (speaking and writing)
Additional skills that would be a plus:
• Other language(s) than English, e.g. German,