Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Graduate Accountant Life and Health
Graduate Accountant Life and Health
Switzerland - Adliswil
Corporate Title: Associate
Division: Finance Reinsurance
Department: Accounting Hub EMEA
Recruiter: Cécile Pineau
About the role
We are looking for graduates with strong interpersonal skills who are eager to learn and broaden their knowledge and expertise.
For our graduates@swissre programme, we invite people with a Bachelor, Master or PhD degree with 0-3 years of professional experience to apply for this unique opportunity.
The programme offers you the chance to join the dynamic, fast-moving world of a specialised financial services organisation. Over an 18-month period, you'll receive on-the-job training in your role and an opportunity for a job rotation.
About the team
This position is an exciting opportunity to join the Life and Health (L&H) Accounting & Closing team in Zurich, which is part of the L&H Finance Reinsurance EMEA division. The Accounting & Closing Life & Health team is responsible for the quarterly financial closing US GAAP and Statutory valuations for our reinsurance entities in Europe. The core mandate is the closing of the technical L&H sub ledgers for all relevant valuations in addition we support the Carrier teams in delivering meaningful input in to the legal entity reporting process.
The team is located in Switzerland, UK and Slovakia. The team is a highly diverse mix of nationalities, languages and gender. The team consists of approximately 19 employees across Europe.
We are now looking for a Graduate in the role of an Accountant interested in our core business activities with an affinity to Financial Accounting, systems and processes in a controlled environment. This role is an opportunity to get closer to the business and to deepen your understanding of the key business value drivers of L&H business for the major Swiss reinsurance carriers.
As a Graduate Accountant Life and Health your responsibilities will be:
• Your primary responsibility is to support the team in the quarterly closing activities for US GAAP and Statutory valuations
• You will also be involved in special tasks and projects, develop solutions together with more experienced professionals and expand your knowledge across other functions
• You will have a possibility to develop your expertise in various valuations, i.e US GAAP, Swiss Statutory and EVM reporting.
• You will interact in a broad network of Reinsurance functions across various divisions (Finance accounting, FP&A, Business Management teams, etc.), thereby increasing your visibility and exposure to key stakeholders.
• Successfully completed Master's degree in business administration, finance, economics, or equivalent
• Excellent oral and written English skills; as well as strong presentation skills
• Strong interest in/motivation to learn about insurance/reinsurance
• Ability to meet deadlines combined with the attitude to succeed and a desire to exceed expectations in a fast-paced environment
• Strong analytical skills and can focus on details without losing track of the bigger picture
• Innovative, showing a high degree of own initiative
• Approaches problems with curiosity and open-mindedness, is a fast learner
• Team-player, willingness to contribute actively to the overall team spirit
• Aptitude to express him-/herself effectively in one-on-one conversations and small groups
• Proven expertise to work independently and proactively
• Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)