Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Graduate Business Development Analyst
Graduate Business Development Analyst
Switzerland - Zurich
Corporate Title: Associate
Department: Business Development
Recruiter: Cécile Pineau
About the role
We are looking for graduates with strong interpersonal skills who are eager to learn and broaden their knowledge and expertise.
For our graduates@swissre programme, we invite people with a Bachelor, Master or PhD degree with 0-3 years of professional experience to apply for this unique opportunity.
The programme offers you the chance to join the dynamic, fast-moving world of a specialised financial services organisation. Over an 18-month period, you'll receive on-the-job training in your role and an opportunity for a job rotation.
About the team
The Business Development department is a key driving force in the origination of transactional reinsurance solutions. Main activities of the department are related to identifying relevant client specific themes in a changing regulatory, financial and risk environment. In this context, the department is developing new reinsurance value propositions and innovations and engages with clients around these themes. Business Development is a globally active team with locations in Asia, America and Europe and is embedded in Swiss Re Client Markets.
As a Business Development Analyst, your responsibilities will be:
• Supporting creation of client pitches with a focus on how reinsurance solutions create financial and strategic value for clients
• Contribute to development of new value propositions for our clients in a changing regulatory, financial and risk environment
• Applying and developing high quality analytics and modelling, to better understand client priorities and allowing Swiss Re to tailor specific reinsurance solutions
• Supporting growth projects and development of commercialisation strategies
• Contributing to strategy planning and marketing activities for key client accounts
By starting your career in Business Development, you will gain a thorough knowledge of reinsurance and Swiss Re from a global perspective and across all lines of business (Property & Casualty). You will have the ability to develop further through the close collaboration with Client Markets, Structured Solutions and Underwriting
Graduates who excel during the program will quickly take the lead of specific projects and/or markets. The position will provide you with an excellent foundation to start a career within Swiss Re.
• Successfully completed university a Master's or PhD degree, preferably in Finance, Actuarial Science, or similar quantitative focus or equivalent
• Excellent oral and written English skills; additional language skills advantageous, in particular Italian, Spanish, Hebrew or Dutch
• You have a strong commercial sense and are able to put yourself into our client's position
• Strong interest in/motivation to learn about insurance/reinsurance
• Innovative, showing a high degree of own initiative
• Mature & self-confident; Able to work with clients, business partners or senior colleagues
• Ability and enthusiasm to work in a global and multicultural environment, You are a mobile person and open to relocate to other locations over time
• Approaches problems with curiosity and open-mindedness, is a fast learner
• Team-player, willingness to contribute actively to the overall team spirit
• Aptitude to express him-/herself effectively in one-on-one conversations and small groups
• Capacity to readily adapt to a changing and dynamic environment
• Proven expertise to work independently and proactively
• Strong analytical skills and can focus on details without losing track of the bigger picture
• Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)