Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
iptiQ Deal Risk Manager
iptiQ Deal Risk Manager
Switzerland - Adliswil
About Swiss Re
This is your opportunity to join Swiss Re Group - one of the world's leading wholesale providers of reinsurance, insurance and other innovative forms of insurance-based risk transfer. Our business at Swiss Re is about understanding and analysing the major risks that concern the world - from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. We combine experience with expertise and innovative thinking to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. And we enable the risk-taking essential to enterprise and progress. This is only possible with around 10,000 truly exceptional Swiss Re people across our group worldwide.
About the role
iptiQ is a start-up unit within Swiss Re, established to deliver innovative protection solutions sold directly to consumers. The iptiQ's Risk Management team is embedded in the business unit and you will be part of an innovative team which is dedicated to bringing insurance business into a modern, fully digitalized environment. iptiQ offer comprehensive policy administration solutions to companies based on full automation of customer self-services through online portals.
iptiQ's Risk Management function has a business oversight role and business servicing role. iptiQ's Risk Management function is responsible for setting out the conditions under which the Company is willing to take risk, its risk tolerance and its risk management principles. It is tasked with making sure the legal entity Boards and Senior Management are aware and understand the risk exposures, risk landscape and the functioning of the risk governance framework of the legal entity.
An opportunity now exists for an 'iptiQ Deal Risk Manager' to join this team. The role may be based in London, Zurich or Munich.
About the team
iptiQ's Risk Management team is a small team which will allow you to gain a broad insight into various risk management activities. Primarily, you will review deals and product proposals to support Risk Management's signature. You will provide expert opinion on business proposals, ensure that key risks are identified and reflected in deals, and ensure that reasonable risk mitigations are implemented. Your risk advice will promote culture of risk awareness particularly awareness of risks for the iptiQ carriers.
Depending on your profile, the role could be expanded to additional responsibilities such as:
• Monitoring iptiQ's solvency calculations and preparing risk reports
• Supporting preparation of the ORSA and governance reporting und Solvency II, particularly risk policy maintenance and alignment with Solvency II requirements.
• You could contribute to the maintenance of a comprehensive risk management framework, in particular by proposing appropriate limits, monitoring risk exposure developments, and ensuring regular reporting of the risk landscape to a variety of stakeholders.
• You are a qualified actuary or have a suitable quantitative background.
• You have a good understanding of business processes in Primary Life Insurance Business and the obstacles towards digitalisation.
• You have the ability to seamlessly interact with senior business leaders and project teams.
• You are an independent thinker - willing to challenge - proactive, curious and keen to learn.
• Your English is excellent, other languages are a plus