Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Graduate Application Support
Graduate Application Support
Switzerland - Adliswil
Corporate Title: Associate
Division: Information Technology
Department: Operations IT
Recruiter: Cécile Pineau
About the role
We are looking for graduates with strong interpersonal skills who are eager to learn and broaden their knowledge and expertise.
For our graduates@swissre programme, we invite people with a Bachelor, Master or PhD degree with 0-3 years of professional experience to apply for this unique opportunity.
The programme offers you the chance to join the dynamic, fast-moving world of a specialised financial services organisation. Over an 18-month period, you'll receive on-the-job training in your role and an opportunity for a job rotation.
About the team
The Operations IT Run Team consists of 8 Application Managers and 2 Application Integration Engineers based in Zurich and Bratislava (It is expected that you will be travelling to Bratislava) working in close partnership with an external, India based service provider.
Our team belongs to the Operations IT Department which mission is to enable a better performance of the Operations Functions Corporate Real-Estate & Logistics, Communications, Global Business Solutions, Human Resources, Legal & Compliance and Group Management and Group Strategy through efficient and effective use of information
In this role you will support the IT Application Manager in leading of all maintenance and support activities within Operations IT Run. You will be working in an international team with colleagues and customers all around the world.
Assisting the Application Manager you will engage with business analysts and system experts to understand their business processes and priorities. Acting as Graduate Application Support you will learn how to plan and monitor application releases while collaborating with a variety of global Swiss Re teams and leveraging vendor partnerships. Release activities will cover all solution development lifecycle phases, from technical analysis, design, development, quality assurance to production induction and support.
As a Graduate Application Support your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Demand Management
o Review and respond to all incoming enhancement requests
o Accompany the initial assessment of all requests to determine technical feasibility
o Participate in the prioritization of enhancements
o Help develop time and cost estimates for enhancements with the development teams
o Monitor the development teams to ensure the successful, on-time delivery of approved enhancements
• Support Incident & Problem Analysts to restore service quickly and monitor the problem management process to identify the underlying root cause
• Assist the Application Manager to identify new process automation opportunities
• Constant improvement & development of skillset (soft skills as well as technical skills)
• Successfully completed university degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Economics or Business Administration or equivalent
• Excellent oral and written English skills; German language skills is advantageous
• Strong interest in business analysis and project & application management and motivation to learn about insurance/reinsurance
• Team-player, willingness to contribute actively to the overall team spirit
• Very good communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Strong analytical skills and can focus on details without losing track of the bigger picture
• Innovative, showing a high degree of own initiative
• Aptitude to express him-/herself effectively in one-on-one conversations and small groups
• Mature & self-confident; Able to work with clients, business partners or senior colleagues
• Proven expertise to work independently and proactively
• Ability and enthusiasm to work in a global and multicultural environment
• Approaches problems with curiosity and open-mindedness, is a fast learner