Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Project Portfolio and Service Manager
Project Portfolio and Service Manager
Switzerland - Adliswil
About Swiss Re
This is your opportunity to join Swiss Re Group - one of the world's leading wholesale providers of reinsurance, insurance and other innovative forms of insurance-based risk transfer. Our business at Swiss Re is about understanding and analysing the major risks that concern the world - from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. We combine experience with expertise and innovative thinking to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. And we enable the risk-taking essential to enterprise and progress. This is only possible with around 10,000 truly exceptional Swiss Re people across our group worldwide.
About the role
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Portfolio and Service Manager for our CRO Office. In the role as Project Portfolio and Service Manager, you will be responsible for managing the project portfolio of Risk Management. You will support the Risk Management leadership by facilitating project definition, selection, prioritization and initiation activities. In addition, you will partner with project sponsors, project managers to confirm project success criteria, leverage resources, manage change and mitigate/ manage project risk throughout project life cycle.
Your main responsibilities with respect to Risk Management's project portfolio will include:
• Maintain effective execution of PMO standards, templates tools and project specific requirements through education and oversight of project management activities
• Maintain project compliance and accountability across portfolio, with appropriate escalation and follow up
• Assist stakeholders and the Risk Management leadership in defining, scoping and prioritizing roadmap projects following a standardized approach
• Partner with project sponsors and project leads to oversee project implementation, monitor portfolio implementation and ensure integration of concurrent projects, negotiating changes as necessary
• Partner with project leads to deliver required and customized project reports/updates to the Risk Management leadership
• Plan and track project progress following standardized approach, identify project risks and effectively communicate to project teams, risk leadership and the portfolio teams.
• Develop suite of KPI's tracking overall roadmap health and progress of the portfolio
In addition to the Project Portfolio responsibilities, you will act as the owner of Risk Management's internal service and KPI framework. You will collaborate with the different Risk Management teams as well as the central service management team to ensure that Risk Management services are understood and flow correctly into the Swiss Re overall service framework and reporting.
You will report to the Head CRO Office and will act as his deputy.
About the team
The CRO Office is supporting the Swiss Re's Chief Risk Officer and the leadership team in all intra-functional processes for Risk Management and ensures timely and high-quality contributions to Group processes and projects. As part of the CRO Office, this role will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to gain a broad understanding of current Risk Topics driving the Company and be part of the Team developing and challenging the agenda of the Risk Management function.
• A minimum of 5 years related work experience using proven project management methodology, including all aspects of process development and execution
• Thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management discipline, including project plans, risk plans, issue logs and their application
• Demonstrated project portfolio management skills (project intake, resource demand planning, budget management) required
• Ability to organize and present project portfolio reports, proposals, and other related portfolio information
• Facilitate governance, project reviews, steering, and other project related meetings
• Strong budgetary and financial acumen
• Broad understanding of Risk Management or insurance business is of advantage
• Experience in leading change management efforts is of advantage
• Understanding of Information Technology project life cycle and associated processes is of advantage
• Strong focus on collaboration, team building, and customer service
• Demonstrated skill running effective meetings and getting buy-in and participation from executive leaders
• Effectiveness working diplomatically across teams with varying objectives.
• Strong oral and written communication skills across all levels
• Highly organised with strong technical and analytical skills
• Attention to detail with strong written and spoken English ability, to ensure the accuracy, timeliness and quality of content and financial information
• You to thrive in a fast moving, unstructured environment with a willingness to adapt to shifting priorities - to put in extra effort and work to accomplish critical or difficult tasks when required