Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Graduate Systems Analyst Finance IT
Graduate Systems Analyst Finance IT
Switzerland - Adliswil
Corporate Title: Associate
Division: Information Technology
Department: Finance IT
Recruiter: Cécile Pineau
About the role
We are looking for graduates with strong interpersonal skills who are eager to learn and broaden their knowledge and expertise.
For our graduates@swissre programme, we invite people with a Bachelor, Master or PhD degree with 0-3 years of professional experience to apply for this unique opportunity.
The programme offers you the chance to join the dynamic, fast-moving world of a specialised financial services organisation. Over an 18-month period, you'll receive on-the-job training in your role and an opportunity for a job rotation.
About the team
Since the 2008 financial crisis, the insurance industry and Swiss Re have been facing a challenging environment, with tougher margins, increased competition, and stricter regulatory reporting requirements. Every function needs to be more efficient, and finance in particular faces increased demands to better steer its business to meet the challenges of the future. Swiss Re recognized the challenges facing its industry and launched a multi-year finance transformation journey called the ATLAS program. The mission of the program is to achieve simplification, integration, and automation of finance processes for Reinsurance Finance.
Swiss Re is partnering with SAP to develop solutions based on the latest in-memory technology to meet these challenges, implementing a new general ledger, insurance and asset sub-ledgers, cost accounting and reporting solutions.
The department "Finance IT" is part of the Group Information Technology Division. We broker innovation, integrate solutions and orchestrate the overall solution and service delivery for the finance domain. These support key Finance processes, including overall business steering as well as external financial and regulatory reporting.
You will be a member of the ATLAS IT team (a unit of the Finance IT department). The team's mandate is to manage the overall IT delivery for the Swiss Re's Finance Reinsurance Transformation Program, ATLAS. This includes strong collaboration and partnership with finance colleagues and solution providers.
As a Systems Analyst you will be working with different project teams to analyse complex business processes & requirements, specify appropriate technical solutions, and work with the implementation teams to deliver these solutions. Furthermore you will contribute to the organization of testing and support of the new systems to the Finance community. This position offers a unique opportunity to gain insight into the Finance solution landscape, the internal and external regulatory reporting requirements, the usage of information used within Swiss Re for financial steering and for external reporting, as well as work with the latest technology capabilities from SAP.
• Successfully completed university degree in Computer Science or equivalent (e.g. mathematics, physics, and engineering). Additional Finance or Accounting training is a plus.
• Very good communication skills; able to articulate complex technical issues to a non-technical audience
• Strong analytical skills and can focus on details without losing track of the bigger picture
• Excellent oral and written English skills; additional language skills in German is preferred
• Strong collaboration skills; familiar with Agile/scrum practices; Team-player, willingness to contribute actively to the overall team spirit
• Strong motivation to learn about insurance/reinsurance and finance discipline
• Capacity to readily adapt to a changing and dynamic environment
• Approaches problems with curiosity and open-mindedness, is a fast learner
• Innovative, showing a high degree of own initiative
• Ability and enthusiasm to work in a global and multicultural environment
• Aptitude to express him-/herself effectively in one-on-one conversations and small groups
• Mature & self-confident; Able to work with clients, business partners or senior colleagues
• Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)