Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
P&C Reserving Actuary
P&C Reserving Actuary
Switzerland - Adliswil
About Swiss Re
This is your opportunity to join Swiss Re Group - one of the world's leading wholesale providers of reinsurance, insurance and other innovative forms of insurance-based risk transfer. Our business at Swiss Re is about understanding and analysing the major risks that concern the world - from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. We combine experience with expertise and innovative thinking to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. And we enable the risk-taking essential to enterprise and progress. This is only possible with around 10,000 truly exceptional Swiss Re people across our group worldwide.
About the role
Excellent opportunity for a P&C reserving actuary to further develop his/her career within an international business environment. This position is embedded in the Swiss Re Corporate Solutions team Actuarial Management Eurasia and South America, which is part of the Swiss Re Group Risk Management.
The main focus of the role will be on reserving, economic valuation and financial reporting. Furthermore, the position supports the business unit's growth strategy by collaborating in various actuarial projects such as M&A activities.
The main responsibilities are:
• quarterly estimation of P&C insurance portfolio reserves (local statutory, US GAAP) including close cooperation with major internal stakeholders (Claims, Underwriting, Pricing, Finance/Accounting)
• estimation of the corresponding pay-out patterns serving as one of the input parameters for EVM and solvency calculations
• preparation of internal and external (statutory) financial reportings and presentations
• detailed adhoc portfolio reviews and analyses as required
• actuarial support in M&A projects and growth strategies.
Key factors to a successful fulfilment of these responsibilities are close interactions with the main internal stakeholders, the motivation to deepen actuarial and financial knowhow as well as a pro-active attitude.
About the team
The incumbent will be part of the Swiss Re Corporate Solutions Zurich based actuarial team. The team is responsible for determining the technical reserves at adequate levels meeting all local statutory and US GAAP requirements for the regions Europe and Middle East as well as South America. In addition, the team is supporting Swiss Re Group in all actuarial risk management aspects with respect to Swiss Re Corporate Solutions.
The most relevant criteria for this position are the following:
• at least 3 years of experience in P&C (re-)insurance
• good understanding of IFRS and US GAAP financial principles as well as reserving methods for P&C (re-)insurance business
• experienced in using actuarial and statistical software
• motivation to deepen and finalize actuarial qualification (e.g. Actuary SAA (Swiss Association of Actuaries))
• strong interpersonal as well as written and verbal English communication skills, additional language skills (e.g. Spanish) will be considered a plus
• ability to prioritize, plan, and execute across multiple work efforts simultaneously
• ability to successfully work together with different personal styles and cultures
• proactive attitude