Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
CorSo Business Services Team Lead
Switzerland - Adliswil
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions offers innovative insurance solutions for multi-national corporations around the globe. Backed by the financial strength of the Swiss Re group, we assist more than 50,000 customers worldwide in mitigating their risk exposure. With a workforce of 2,400 experts in more than 50 offices, Swiss Re Corporate Solutions is a growing business unit within Swiss Re that is seeking entrepreneurial talent.
About the role
Responsibility for leading the Property & Casualty Specialty lines Underwriting Support Team (Business Services) in Zurich. The assigned team provides support to the Swiss Re Corporate Solutions (CorSo) Underwriting Teams in the handling of insurance business for corporations and/ or their captives. Duties and responsibilities directly impact productivity, process efficiency, timeliness, profitability and accuracy of the underwriting process. Position may require up to 25% travel for business meetings or training.
• Duties and responsibilities directly impact productivity, process efficiency, timeliness, profitability, and accuracy of the business group unit
• Leadership responsibilities for generally up to 10 direct reports in Bands Assistant Vice President and Associate
• Manage and monitor the delegation of work for the assigned teams, providing triage of work across the Business Services team as needed to meet the requirements of set Service Level Agreements
• Act as key contact for business unit supported with regards to quality of work provided, standards of service, and Service Level Agreements
• Assist the business unit in addressing internal and external customer questions, concerns and complaints
• Responsible for the performance management process for assigned team. Provide performance appraisal and compensation recommendations to Business Services management with input from representatives of the supported business units
• Collaborate and consult with senior management and other Business Services staff to assess training needs for Associates/Analysts.
• Develop and monitor training plans to ensure the progress of individuals on the team.
• Prepare progress reports and corrective action recommendations for Business Services management
• Lead the Business Services team with systems and tool enhancements, testing and piloting changes to improve and optimize standardized processes
About the team
Business Services provides support to the Swiss Re Corporate Solutions (CorSo) Underwriting Teams in the handling of insurance and reinsurance business for corporations and/or their captives. Duties and responsibilities directly impact productivity, process efficiency, timeliness, profitability and accuracy of the underwriting process.
• University or equivalent degree
• Minimum 5 years relevant experience; previous leadership experience preferred
• Knowledge and understanding of business unit principles and practices
• Must be fully proficient in English (reading, written and verbal), additional languages of relevant markets are desirable
• Solutions oriented mindset
• Takes accountability
• Strong analytical skills including evaluation, determining recommendations and communicating recommendations to the customer while working within established guidelines and operating procedures
• Demonstrates success leading a team collaboratively in a matrix environment
• Ability to establish priorities, plan, coordinate and monitor personal work plan maintaining status and oversight of multiple submissions
• Excellent computer skills - Microsoft Office, Access, MS Project, and Visio
• Attracts, selects, develops and retains superior talent to meet current business needs and prepare for future challenges and growth goals