Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Senior Risk Manager EMEA
Senior Risk Manager EMEA
Switzerland - Adliswil
Corporate Title: Vice President
Division: CRM-Group Risk Management (50002054)
Department: CRMK-Risk Management Corporate Solutions (50009853)
Recruiter: Sara Grössbauer
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions offers innovative insurance solutions for multi-national corporations around the globe. Backed by the financial strength of the Swiss Re group, we assist more than 50,000 customers worldwide in mitigating their risk exposure. With a workforce of 2,400 experts in more than 50 offices, Swiss Re Corporate Solutions is a growing business unit within Swiss Re that is seeking entrepreneurial talent.
About the role
You are an experienced P&C Underwriter with at least 7 years experience in the insurance industry and interested in a new opportunity in Risk Management?
This might be your next challenge:
As Risk Manager you are responsible for implementing and maintaining Swiss Re´s risk management framework to support Corporate Solutions EMEA business.Your main task is to identify key risks and provide advice, challenge and support for risk taking activities. In addition you will steer or support regulatory requirements (Solvency II) relevant for the region.
Your responsibility include:
• Identify, analyse and monitor areas of all risks within the region
• Build and maintain a high quality relationship with key internal business partners
• Pro-actively drive a risk-aware culture
• Support and challenge operations and business leaders to establish a robust process and control framework consistent with Group standards
• Help to identify insurance risks relative to the expansion into new segments and products (growth initiatives)
• Perform oversight for a dedicated P&C line of business (risk factor ownership)
• Contribute to the review and sign off of material transactions and intra group transactions (IGR)
• Contribute to the production of Business Unit and Legal Entity level risk reporting
• Support the Chief Risk Officer EMEA in managing regular and ad hoc requests in the context of Solvency II
About the team
The EMEA Risk Management department of Swiss Re Corporate Solutions reports to the Corporate Solutions Chief Risk Officer and is a small team of expert risk managers that maintains responsibility for the oversight of risks across EMEA region. This role includes support and oversight of all impacted legal entities and appropriate reporting and communication with relevant management and regulators.
The strategic goal of the team is to be a forward looking, integrated and trusted risk partner to the business. In order to fulfil this the team is embedded in a network of other specialized risk management teams in Corporate Solutions and in Group Risk Management.
• University degree
• Minimum 7 years of experience in the Insurance industry
• Significant P&C underwriting expertise
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical, organizational, and presentation skills
• Skilled at influencing and negotiation
• Ability to work across multiple functions and cultures in/with diverse teams
• Fluency in both oral and written English is a must, good knowledge of several European languages is a plus
• Readiness and engagement for continuous development and learning
The role can be located in Munich, Zurich or London.