Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Graduate Underwriting Strategy
Graduate Underwriting Strategy
Switzerland - Zurich
Corporate Title: Associate
Division: Group Underwriting
Department: Underwriting Strategy
Recruiter: Cécile Pineau
About the role
We are looking for graduates with strong interpersonal skills who are eager to learn and broaden their knowledge and expertise.
For our graduates@swissre programme, we invite people with a Bachelor, Master or PhD degree with 0-3 years of professional experience to apply for this unique opportunity.
The programme offers you the chance to join the dynamic, fast-moving world of a specialised financial services organisation. Over an 18-month period, you'll receive on-the-job training in your role and an opportunity for a job rotation.
About the team
The Underwriting Strategy department identifies, analyses and monitors key business drivers in support of all Swiss Re businesses and functions.
The Costing methods and Analytical Services (CMAS) team consists of 3 main topic areas: Geographical Services, Costing Principles, Credit & Analytical Services. Currently, it has 16 members: 5 in India and 11 in Zurich. The team consists of a highly diverse mix of nationalities and languages. All of the team members have a strong quantitative background which allows them to improve valuation concepts used in pricing. As well, we ensure that the corresponding methods and parameters get correctly implemented in our IT systems.
As a Graduate Underwriting Strategy within our team, you will:
• Work closely in cross-functional projects with colleagues from the underwriting community and as well Finance, Risk Management and IT
• Translate insights and new ideas in these projects to tangible instructions for our external programmers who will implement according to those instructions
• Coordinate and control the implementation from the business side and take responsibility for mid-sized projects
• Use cutting edge technology in order to analyse Swiss Re's proprietary data
• Present project results and expected impact on key metrics independently to stakeholders and management
• Successfully completed university degree or equivalent in quantitative Natural Sciences, Engineering, or equivalent
• Strong interest in/motivation to learn about insurance/reinsurance
• Experience with analytical tools (e.g. scikit-learn), database software (e.g. MongoDB) and the development of models is an advantage
• Approaches problems with curiosity and open-mindedness, is a fast learner
• Innovative, showing a high degree of own initiative
• Team-player, willingness to contribute actively to the overall team spirit
• Ability and enthusiasm to work in a global and multicultural environment
• Aptitude to express him-/herself effectively in one-on-one conversations and small groups
• Mature & self-confident; Able to work with clients, business partners or senior colleagues
• Capacity to readily adapt to a changing and dynamic environment
• Proven expertise to work independently and proactively
• Strong analytical skills and can focus on details without losing track of the bigger picture
• Excellent oral and written English skills, and other European languages will be an advantage
• Very good communication and interpersonal skills