Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
(Senior) Risk Analyst
(Senior) Risk Analyst
Switzerland - Adliswil
About Swiss Re
This is your opportunity to join Swiss Re Group - one of the world's leading wholesale providers of reinsurance, insurance and other innovative forms of insurance-based risk transfer. Our business at Swiss Re is about understanding and analysing the major risks that concern the world - from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. We combine experience with expertise and innovative thinking to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. And we enable the risk-taking essential to enterprise and progress. This is only possible with around 10,000 truly exceptional Swiss Re people across our group worldwide.
About the role
• You will be part of the Risk Steering team within Risk Governance & Steering, responsible for providing risk information to internal and external stakeholders as a basis for business decisions and compliance with regulatory requirements
• Your role will have a particular focus on L&H, where you will provide expert guidance on the L&H risks in each of Swiss Re's main legal entities.
• In addition to understanding, explaining and challenging the impact of changes to the main L&H portfolios, you will lead the analysis of large one-off transactions and M&A activity, providing analyses of capital, liquidity and risk impacts.
• As a member of the Risk Steering sub-group you will ensure that the planned growth of the firm is consistent with the Group Risk Policy and the wider firm's strategy. In addition to providing quantitative input for this work, you will coordinate discussion among the wider Risk Management Community and monitor the development of the actual risk profile against the plan.
• You will be a key participant in the derivation of the EVM risk parameters and steering values used to price and monitor Swiss Re's business and will also assist in the risk/return analysis of Swiss Re's main underwriting portfolios, compiling input to understand and assess their performance.
• To conduct this role successfully you will build strong relationships across Swiss Re with counterparts in teams such as L&H Business Management, L&H Products, Treasury and Group Underwriting.
We will also consider applications of more junior candidates and adjust the position accordingly if the qualifications are met.
About the team
• Risk Governance & Steering (RGS) is responsible for maintaining Swiss Re's Group Risk Policy, the liquidity risk management framework and the supporting risk governance documentation.
• Furthermore RGS is tasked with the oversight, maintenance and operation of the quantitative framework underlying Swiss Re's Risk Governance and risk adjusted performance steering.
• Risk Governance & Steering (RGS) consists of four teams in Zurich and two in Bangalore.
• Risk Steering within RGS is providing quantitative and advisory services around Risk Appetite, Limit and ORSA/Planning across Risk Management and partner functions in Finance, Asset Management and Underwriting
• You have at least 3 years of relevant L&H (re)insurance industry experience, having worked with multiple product offerings.
• You have superior analytic and modeling abilities and a keen appreciation of sound risk management and actuarial techniques.
• You are a strong communicator with great people skills, capable of building and maintaining a large network of contacts across the business
• You are an organised, motivated team player. You apply your experience and judgement with minimal supervision or direction and have the confidence and foresight to use your own initiative.
• You are an independent thinker, proactive, curious, willing to challenge and keen to learn.