Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Chief Pricing Officer Life Capital
Switzerland - Zurich
Corporate Title: Director
Recruiter: Cécile Pineau
About Swiss Re
This is your opportunity to join Swiss Re Group - one of the world's leading wholesale providers of reinsurance, insurance and other innovative forms of insurance-based risk transfer. Our business at Swiss Re is about understanding and analysing the major risks that concern the world - from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. We combine experience with expertise and innovative thinking to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. And we enable the risk-taking essential to enterprise and progress. This is only possible with around 10,000 truly exceptional Swiss Re people across our group worldwide.
About the role
Your main activities will be to:
- Deal with referred quotation/product development to LC CUO office, and approve referrals within ad personam authorities
- Review deals and support the Life Capital Operating Entities in submitting the referral documents and obtaining the required sign-off for level D and above referrals
- Establish OE business monitoring process (including factbooks) and support capital and capacity steering to the most attractive areas, via performance monitoring of BU Life Capital underwriting portfolios and distribution partnerships
- Lead LC Insurance Risk Reviews (IRR) and support costing adequacy and adherence to Underwriting Standards and policies
- Lead costing of LC Re inward/outward reinsurance and support IGR contract set-up with the SRLCR
- Develop strong relationships with peers in Life Capital Operating Entities and with distribution partners (when required and in agreement with the Operating Entities)
- Coordinate and manage LC Actuarial and Product Analysts in providing the biometric risk assumptions for pricing, valuation and product development purposes, and in developing and evolving Terms of Trades, costing tools, models and methods
- Coach and develop more junior colleagues and be a source of technical knowledge and advice for the costing resources in the Life Capital Operating Entities
About the team
Swiss Re's Business Unit (BU) Life Capital was formed on 1 January 2016, with the combination of the closed and open books of business. It carries out the Life & Health primary insurance activities of the Swiss Re Group and it aims to build up a global portfolio of primary B2B2C Life & Health (L&H) businesses. Swiss Re Life Capital Reinsurance Ltd (SRLCR) will be a Swiss domiciled legal entity under the supervision of FINMA. SRLCR will be BU Life Capital's internal reinsurance entity and as such reinsure risks from other Life Capital business.
Under the leadership of the Life Capital Chief Underwriting Officer (LC CUO), you will help steer capital to the most attractive areas, optimize profit margins and risk selection.
We are now setting up the Life Capital Products Centre team, and in particular are looking for the Chief Pricing Officer Life Capital, who will support the Life Capital CUO and Operating Entities (e.g., elipsLife, iptiQ Americas and iptiQ EMEA) in dealing with referrals to LC CUO office, reviewing deals, establishing OE business monitoring (including factbooks), performing Life Capital Insurance Risk Reviews (IRR) and owning costing of Life Capital Re inward/outward reinsurance.
- Minimum four-year degree in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science or related field with proven mathematical skills and analytical ability
- Qualified actuary (FIA/FFA/FSA or equivalent)
- Fluent in English with excellent oral and written communication skills - any other main European business language is an advantage
- Solid L&H insurance industry expertise and market knowledge, with more than 10 years of costing experience in re/insurance
- Excellent knowledge of relevant statistical and actuarial models
- Experience in Life & Health (retail) product development and pricing
- Ability to draw conclusions and influence decisions in a large organization
- Ability to coach, motivate, develop and inspire junior costing actuaries
- Ability and confidence to actively engage in discussions, voice opinions, and act as "facilitator"
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- Well-developed negotiating/advisory skills
- Excellent organisational skills, collaboration and team working, 'can-do' attitude
- Ability to manage time efficiently and to coordinate activities
- Able to present technical and actuarial topics clearly with confidence and in non-technical language
- Drive and enthusiasm, innovative, with the ability to obtain buy-in from stakeholders
- Self-motivator with ability to work under pressure and to manage multiple priorities