Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Senior Products Actuary
Switzerland - Zurich
Corporate Title: Vice President
Division: Life Capital Products centre
Department: Life Capital UW & Pricing
Recruiter: Cécile Pineau
About the role
Swiss Re's Business Unit (BU) Life Capital was formed on 1 January 2016, with the combination of the closed and open books of business. It carries out the Life & Health primary insurance activities of the Swiss Re Group and it aims to build up a global portfolio of primary B2B2C Life & Health (L&H) businesses. Swiss Re Life Capital Reinsurance Ltd (SRLCR) will be a Swiss domiciled legal entity under the supervision of FINMA. SRLCR will be Life Capital's internal reinsurance entity and will reinsure risks from other Life Capital business.
Under the leadership of the Life Capital Chief Underwriting Officer (LC CUO), the Life Capital Product Centre will help steer capital to the most attractive areas, optimize profit margins and risk selection.
About the team
We are now setting up the Life Capital Products Centre team, and in particular are looking for the Senior Product Actuary, who will support the Life Capital CUO and Operating Entities (e.g., elipsLife and iptiQ EMEA) in developing and maintaining Terms of Trades (in co-ordination with Group), costing tools/models and in assessing and validating new deals
The Senior Product Actuary will report to the LC CUO.
- Assessment and management of referred quotation/product development by Life Capital Operating Entities.
- Lead the preparation and maintenance of Terms of Trade (in a joint effort with Group and with Life Capital Operating Entities)
- Lead development and new maintenance of costing tools/models (in co-ordination with Group and with Life Capital Operating Entities)
- Support to IGR pricing and contract set-up with the SRLCR
- Support capital and capacity steering to the most attractive areas, via performance monitoring of BU Life Capital underwriting portfolios and distribution partnerships
- Support costing adequacy and adherence to Underwriting Standards and policies (assessed through Insurance Risk Reviews - IRR)
- Develop strong relationships with peers in Life Capital Operating Entities and with distribution partners (when required and in agreement with the Operating Entities)
- Coach and develop more junior colleagues and be a source of technical knowledge and advice for the costing resources in the Life Capital Operating Entities
- Minimum four-year degree in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science or related field with proven mathematical skills and analytical ability
- Qualified actuary (FIA/FFA/FSA or equivalent)
- Fluent in English with excellent oral and written communication skills - any other main European business language is an advantage
- Solid L&H insurance industry expertise and market knowledge, with 5-10 years of costing experience in re/insurance
- Excellent knowledge of relevant statistical and actuarial models
- Experience in Life & Health (retail) product development and pricing
- Ability to draw conclusions and influence decisions in a large organization
- Ability to coach, motivate, develop and inspire junior costing actuaries
- Ability and confidence to actively engage in discussions, voice opinions, and act as "facilitator"
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- Well-developed negotiating/advisory skills
- Excellent organisational skills, collaboration and team working, sociable 'can-do' attitude
- Ability to manage time efficiently and to coordinate activities
- Able to present technical and actuarial topics clearly with confidence and in non-technical language
- Drive and enthusiasm, innovative, with the ability to obtain buy-in from stakeholders
- Self-motivator with ability to work under pressure and to manage multiple priorities