Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Senior Actuarial Analyst
Switzerland - Zurich
Corporate Title: Vice President
Division: Life Capital Products centre
Department: Life Capital UW & Pricing
Recruiter: Cécile Pineau
About the role
Swiss Re's Business Unit (BU) Life Capital was formed on 1 January 2016, with the combination of the closed and open books of business. It carries out the Life & Health primary insurance activities of the Swiss Re Group and it aims to build up a global portfolio of primary B2B2C Life & Health (L&H) businesses. Swiss Re Life Capital Reinsurance Ltd (SRLCR) will be a Swiss domiciled legal entity under the supervision of FINMA. SRLCR will be BU Life Capital's internal reinsurance entity and will as such reinsure risks from other Life Capital business.
Under the leadership of the Life Capital Chief Underwriting Officer (LC CUO), the Life Capital Product Centre will help steer capital to the most attractive areas, optimize profit margins and risk selection.
About the team
We are now setting up the Life Capital Products Centre team, and in particular are looking for a Senior Actuarial Analyst, who will support Life Capital CUO, SRLCR and Operating Entities (e.g., elipsLife, iptiQ Americas, and iptiQ EMEA) in providing the biometric risk assumptions for pricing, valuation and the areas of product development, performance monitoring, new deals validation and the design of Terms of Trade. purposes.
The Senior Actuarial Analyst will report to the LC CUO.
- Set up the IGR pricing and contracts and monitor experience of in-force IGR's to SRLCR
- Support development and assessment of referred quotation/product development
- Lead development of performance monitoring and experience studies tools of BU Life Capital underwriting portfolios and distribution partnerships (documented via L1/L2 "fact-books")
- Support development, evolution and innovation of costing tools, models and methods (in co-ordination with Group)
- Monitor costing adequacy and adherence to Underwriting Standards (assessed through Insurance Risk Reviews - IRR)
- Monitor trends and market risks
- Support the preparation and maintenance of Terms of Trade (in a joint effort with Life Capital Operating Entities)
- Develop strong relationships with peers in Life Capital Operating Entities and with distribution partners (when required and in agreement with the Operating Entities)
- Coach and develop more junior colleagues and be a source of technical knowledge and advice for the costing resources in the Life Capital Operating Entities
Position requirements (education, linguistic ability, professional experience, leadership qualities, soft skills)
- Minimum four-year degree in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science or related field with proven mathematical skills and analytical ability
- Qualified actuary (FIA/FFA/FSA or equivalent)
- Fluent in English with excellent oral and written communication skills - any other main European business language is an advantage
- Solid L&H insurance industry expertise and market knowledge, with 5-10 years of costing experience in re/insurance
- Excellent knowledge of relevant statistical and actuarial models
- Good command of SAS and other statistical software
- Experience in Life & Health (retail) product development and pricing
- Ability to draw conclusions and influence decisions in a large organization
- Ability to coach, motivate, develop and inspire junior costing actuaries
- Ability and confidence to actively engage in discussions, voice opinions, and act as "facilitator"
- Good business sense and appreciation of sound risk management techniques
- Excellent organisational skills, collaboration and team working
- Customer focus (internally and externally)
- Result-oriented, with strong ability to deal positively with ambiguity and conflict
- Drive and enthusiasm, being innovative, with the ability to obtain buy-in from stakeholders, by displaying a sociable 'can-do' attitude