Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Senior Trend Spotting Analyst
Senior Trend Spotting Analyst
Switzerland - Zurich
About Swiss Re
This is your opportunity to join one of the world's leading reinsurers. Our reinsurance business at Swiss Re is about understanding and analysing the major risks that concern the world - from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. We combine experience with expertise and innovative thinking to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. And we enable the risk-taking essential to enterprise and progress. This is only possible with around 10,000 truly exceptional Swiss Re people across our group worldwide.
About the role
We are looking for a motivated and experienced research analyst (quant / modelling skills), ideally in combination with Swiss Re line of business / underwriting expertise, to assist in spotting external trends and developments and helping translate them into appropriate loss inflation, loss frequency or exposure growth assumptions through predictive modelling / statistics. You will work on a wide variety of projects cutting across SR business units and lines of business, with an initial focus on US Casualty. As a member of the Trend Spotting team, will also support the Head of Trend Spotting in spotting external trends and building our internal and external network.
In this role, you will:
• Support and drive efforts to establish a network / process / framework to early identify trends affecting the insurance landscape
• Influence the process to high-level quantify and prioritize trends / developments / factors that have a significant impact on insurance relevant parameters (for the major re-insurance portfolios assumed by Swiss Re)
• Perform analyses on internal and external trend data to determine impact of prioritized trends on costing relevant parameters
• Analyse and use external studies that link external trends with loss inflation, loss frequency trends or exposure growth
• Complement quantitative analysis with expert judgment where perceived correlations cannot be observed in insurance data
• Manage the slate of projects, their progress and the necessary periodic updates
• Support efforts to establish a process to incorporate results in to costing parameters, models and business playbooks / guidelines
To deliver on these tasks you will need to maintain a wide (mostly internal, but also external) network, be creative in performing complex quantitative analyses, identifying data sources and securing information necessary to perform and update analyses.
For any further information about the position please do not hesitate to contact Kirsten Hernan.
About the team
The Trend Spotting Team is an exciting unit created at the highest level in the organization to provide data-based, independent, forward looking, quantitative analysis to help position Swiss Re's underwriting and improve costing.
• sound experience in driving complex projects
• re-insurance industry know-how; specific line of business expertise preferred
• great familiarity with Swiss Re's Reinsurance organization, players, culture
• statistical / quantitative background, with proven skills in correlation modelling
• demonstrated proficiency in research, knack for identifying, sourcing and handling data
• comfortable in senior management environment
• strong communication / influencing skills
• ability to present ideas / challenge status quo with confidence
• sound conflict management skills
• hands-on approach
• results driven
• pragmatic, able to make decisions with partial information
• methodical, well-organized
• team player with a high degree of personal accountability
• open and curious, quick-minded, fast-learner, creative, extroverted
Languages: proficient in English (written and spoken)