Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Graduate Actuary Underwriting Apps
Graduate Actuary Underwriting Apps
Switzerland - Zurich
Corporate Title: Associate
Division: Casualty Underwriting
Department: Casualty Centre
Recruiter: Cécile Pineau
About the role
We are looking for graduates with strong interpersonal skills who are eager to learn and broaden their knowledge and expertise.
For our graduates@swissre programme, we invite people with a Bachelor, Master or PhD degree with 0-3 years of professional experience to apply for this unique opportunity.
The programme offers you the chance to join the dynamic, fast-moving world of a specialised financial services organisation. Over an 18-month period, you'll receive on-the-job training in your role and an opportunity for a job rotation.
About the team
This position is an exciting opportunity to join the Tools and Systems team in Zurich which belongs to the Casualty Centre. The mandate of the Casualty Centre has many angles from underwriting of defined lines of business (cyber), portfolio steering, strategy execution along several key pillars and tools/systems development with the main goal to deliver the casualty strategy and ambition 2020.
You will be joining the Tools & Systems team within Casualty Centre which is responsible for the development and productive maintenance of the major Property, Casualty (P&C) and Specialty costing/pricing tools with key focus on portfolio (treaty) rating. Additionally Tools & Systems provides global analytical and actuarial services to the Reinsurance business unit, helping underwriters and actuaries underwrite and price business. The team is driving the building of the future tool landscape, with focus on treaty business, considering the full end-to-end underwriting process with key areas costing and pricing in close collaboration with other business functions.
• Using your skills, you analyse business needs and support the development of the large costing & pricing systems and make sure the tools are used correctly
• You provide tool support, knowledge, documentation, training and best practices to the business community within Reinsurance
• You are involved in cross functional project work in the area of costing and pricing tools & systems development, actuarial methods, and internal processes. Interaction with other internal parties or units
• At peak P&C treaty renewal time, you support underwriters with transactional pricing, helping drive our costing and valuation capabilities
• Successfully completed university degree M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Science (Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Computer Science, Actuarial Science, Engineering, etc.) with solid numerical, mathematical, statistical or similar background
• Strong interest in/ motivation to learn about insurance/reinsurance
• Knowledge of programming (object oriented language like Java, C++, C# or similar) an advantage
• Approaches problems with curiosity and open-mindedness, is a fast learner
• Innovative, showing a high degree of own initiative
• Team-player, willingness to contribute actively to the overall team spirit
• Ability and enthusiasm to work in a global and multicultural environment
• Aptitude to express him-/herself effectively in one-on-one conversations and small groups
• Mature & self-confident; Able to work with clients, business partners or senior colleagues
• Capacity to readily adapt to a changing and dynamic environment
• Proven expertise to work independently and proactively
• Strong analytical skills and can focus on details without losing track of the bigger picture
• Excellent oral and written English skills
• Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Very good communication and interpersonal skills
• Able to set priorities and communicate them to the team