Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
New Business Development Actuary
New Business Development Actuary
Switzerland - Zurich
Corporate Title: Vice President
Division: Life Capital Products centre
Department: Life Capital UW & Pricing
Recruiter: Cécile Pineau
About the role
Swiss Re's Business Unit (BU) Life Capital was formed on 1 January 2016, with the combination of the closed and open books of business. It carries out the Life & Health primary insurance activities of the Swiss Re Group and it aims to build up a global portfolio of primary B2B2C Life & Health (L&H) businesses.
Under the leadership of the Life Capital Chief Underwriting Officer (LC CUO), the Life Capital Product Centre will help steer capital to the most attractive areas, optimize profit margins and risk selection.
About the team
We are now setting up the Life Capital Products Centre team, and in particular are looking for the New Business Development Actuary , who will support the Life Capital CUO and Operating Entities (OE's) in developing new L&H Individual and Group propositions , mostly in Europe.
The New Business Development Actuary will report to the LC CUO.
- Advise OEs on the development of new products and new markets entry for Individual and Group insurance
- Support sourcing and screening of new potential distribution partnerships
- Support performance monitoring of distribution partners
- Liaise with/leverage Group UW R&D and Reinsurance innovation teams
- Monitor trends and market risks
- Develop strong relationships with peers in Life Capital Operating Entities and with distribution partners (when required and in agreement with the Operating Entities)
- Coach and develop more junior colleagues and be a source of technical knowledge and advice for the costing resources in the Life Capital Operating Entities
- University degree or equivalent
- Qualified actuary (FIA/FFA/FSA or equivalent)
- Fluent in English with excellent oral and written communication skills - any other main European business language is an advantage
- Solid L&H insurance industry expertise and market knowledge, with 5-10 years of business experience in Group/Individual insurance
- Excellent knowledge of Individual and Group distribution channels - direct distribution experience is an advantage
- Experience in Life & Health Individual and Group protection product innovation, development and pricing
- Visibility at industry level through active participation in industry events and publication
- Ability to draw conclusions and influence decisions in a large organization
- Ability to coach, motivate, develop and inspire junior costing actuaries
- Ability and confidence to actively engage in discussions, voice opinions, and act as "facilitator"
- Sound commercial acumen; well-developed negotiating/advisory skills
- Excellent collaboration and team working; sociable 'can-do' attitude
- Excellent client relationships, driving market leading franchise
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to present technical and actuarial topics clearly with confidence and in non-technical language
- Drive and enthusiasm, innovative, with the ability to obtain buy-in from stakeholders
- Self-motivator with ability to work under pressure and to manage multiple priorities