We are looking for a sharp and experienced web developer to join our international team. The Company
On is a rapidly growing sports company based in Zurich, Portland, and Tokyo that develops and markets a ground-breaking running shoe technology and has a simple mission: elevating running to a fun sport. On has been awarded the Gold Award for the best performance shoe in 2013 and 2015 at the international ISPO sports fair and continues to win technology and design prizes all over the globe. On’s CloudTec system has received worldwide patents and the young company can look back at the probably fastest launch of a new running brand: three years after launch, On is already available at over 1,800 running specialist stores in 30 countries across Europe, Asia-Pacific and North America. On has been featured on Bloomberg and Fox Business News, in Forbes, Wall Street Journal, ESPN Magazine, Wired, The Independent, The Guardian, Wallpaper Magazine, Monocle, Wired, GQ, Men’s Health, Runner’s World and many others. More than 80 elite athletes run in the On. Amongst them are Olympic Gold Medalist Nicola Spirig and Triathlon World Champion Caroline Steffen.
www.on-running.com www.facebook.com/onrunning The Opportunity
Due to a tremendous increase in On’s digital world, we are looking for an experienced web developer to join our team. Together with the digital team you will be responsible for running the global web shop, which is available in over 30 countries worldwide, building web applications and new digital products. You will work on bigger scale projects closely together with our internal team as well as our creative and technical agency in London.
Your responsibilities fleshed out:
• Delivery of several web applications, which can include front end, back end, and system infrastructure.
• With a responsive website and high attention to details, you bring a solid technical understanding of HTML5 and CSS3.
• Modern front end development tools such as Sass and grid frameworks are no news for you.
• As a skilled application engineer you will work in the Rails framework. Our web shop is running on Spree Commerce.
• Testing is imperative. Experience with TDD using Jasmine and Capybara or other frameworks is ideal.
• Github or similar platforms are part of your daily routine.
• Our complete business landscape is built in the cloud. ERP, CRM and the finance system are sitting on the force.com platform (Salesforce), so knowledge of API design is desirable.
• We like to work in an agile and fast moving manner, so deploying applications into production on a frequent basis is highly desirable.
• Understanding the scaling of applications using PaaS solutions such as Cloud Foundry and IaaS solutions like AWS would make you stand out.
Besides loving sports, we hope you bring:
• 2-5+ years experience in a leading web agency, digital brand or in an “on the edge” brand.
• Agile and lean mindset
• Self-driven, entrepreneurial and excellent problem solver. You enjoy coming up with creative solutions in an international environment.
• Up-to-date with new digital trends and upgrades. Core shaper of the digital brand perception.
• Strong hands-on executor. Get things done.
• Fluent in English and/or German.
If you are interested in being an instrumental part of shaping the brand digitally and would enjoy a young, dynamic and fast growing company, please reach out to