Outerwear Designer, Women's Apparel
Home›jobs›Outerwear Designer, Women’s Apparel
Outerwear Designer, Women’s Apparel
Posted onOctober 9, 2016byadmin
Our client provides their customers with apparel that are young, fashionable and lifestyle oriented.
We are looking for an Outerwear Designer. He/she is going to work hand in hand with the Design & Trend Director. The purpose of this position is to develop all outerwear categories.
We are looking for a very flexible young mindset who brings all of her/his creativity, innovation and passion. Somebody who can fully identify with the style and taste of this fast fashion brand.
YOUR TASKS and job requirements
- Together with the Design Director and Head of Buying, and the other category designers you will be responsible for the overall creation and development of the outerwear collection from trend search to the showroom.
- You will translate fashion trends into commercially successful collections.
- You will handle the outerwear category of the brand and need to bring in a strong background in a modern and innovative women’s wear apparel designer role.
- You will handle 4 collections/year.
- You will head the collection development with conceptualizing and sketching, prepare design sheets, select fabrics and trims, brief purchasing, reviewing proto samples, supervise fittings..
- You have a degree in fashion design (or similar).
- You bring in around 3-5 years experience in a similar role having worked with all kinds of styles and materials.
- You possess strong technical skills regarding the outerwear product, are used to working in an independent and solution oriented way within an international team.
- You bring flexibility, enthusiasm and team spirit.
- Your English is very good, proficiency in other languages is definitely a plus.
- You appreciate a family run business approach.
- Very important is that you bring in a modern lifestyle experience.
- The products will be created for a fashionable girl/young woman.
If you would like to be considered for this very special career opportunity, kindly send a motivation letter going with your cv explaining why you would be the right candidate for this outstanding and fast growing brand.
Contact Mirko Tagliabué; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly also attach a look book with your iconic design pieces. We give preference to candidates who have experience in fast fashion.
The cv needs to be submitted in English. Please kindly understand that we will only answer to applications that fulfill the job requirements.
Job Location: Basel
‹ Senior Leasing Director, Germany
Posted in jobs