Our client is one of the fastest growing and most successful fashion brands. Their biggest markets currently being Europe, Asia, former URSS countries and now entering big time the USA. With a sharp focus on providing their customers with apparel and acessories that are consistently hip, chic and glamorous, our client has created an iconic luxury lifestyle brand with a distinctive point of view and global reach.
We are looking for their Kids Designer. He/she is going to work hand in hand with the Owner/Head Designer and a second kidswear designer already in the team. The purpose of this position is to develop all kids categories – also outerwear – and assure business development and success on an international scale.
We are looking for a fresh, modern, innovative mindset who can elegantly move within a family run company, understanding the particular taste and following the input regarding style and trends. Being able to manage a high work load and deliver under high pressure, remaining calm, creative and very passionate.
Your tasks and the requirements
- You will be responsible for the overall creation and development of the kids collection from trend search, collection development to the showroom.
- You will work in very close collaboration with the company owner and Head of Design to interpret/realize their ideas. At the same time you are a very experienced designer who can independently follow the design cycle from A-Z.
- Together with a second senior kids designer, you will head the collection development with conceptualizing and sketching.
- You prepare design sheets, create and select styles, brief purchasing, review proto samples, supervise fittings.
- You will handle 2 main collections/year (ca. 150 styles/SKUs for boy and also 150 for girl). Plus two per collections with ca.100-120 styles for girl and for girl.
- You can hand draw yourself.
- You have a superb feeling for young – kids fashion trends and international tastes.
- You have a degree in fashion design (or similar).
- You bring at least 3 years experience in a similar role.
- You possess strong organizational skills, are used to working in a fast moving environment.
- You are solution oriented and can elegantly move in an international team.
- You bring flexibility, enthusiasm and team spirit.
- You are fluent in English and Italian.
- You appreciate a family run business, which has grown very fast and still has start up character, even though “grown up” from a financial point of view.
- Very important is that you bring in either experience in luxury or modern lifestyle brands.
- You must be very good at using Photoshop and Illustrator
If you feel ready and qualified for this extremely nice challenge,
kindly send your cv and some of your looks to Uta Bonacker Regazzoni: email@example.com
The cover letter and cv should be submitted in English. Please kindly understand that we will only answer to applications that fulfill the job requirements.
Job Location: Lugano
‹ Senior Retail Development Manager, Luxury Outlets (Germany)
Garment Fit Technician (Lugano)›