Manager/Senior Medical Manager, SMA
External Posting TitleManager/Senior Medical Manager, SMAJob DescriptionThe SMA Medical Manager (MM) is responsible for the medical-scientific contribution to the regional SMA medical strategy. This is an important role regarding all medical scientific topics in the EU plus region like; developing medical scientific presentations, one to one discussions with leading SMA experts, understanding the current status and identify opportunities for evolving Standards of care in SMA , facilitating implementation of the national SMA treatment guidelines , developing medical education concept in collaboration with SMA medical scientific community, understanding the current National SMA disease registries, developing medical scientific projects and quality indicators
The MM should therefore have expertise in and knowledge of therapeutic area, patient-treatment trends, clinical trials and scientific activities within the SMA area and continuously update this expertise and knowledge. The MM should be able to translate highly complex medical scientific content to tactics and have medical operation expertise /skills or experience in managing complex Medical projects
Accomplishment of these goals must comply with the terms and conditions outlined in Biogen Idec’s Code of Business Conduct.
Specific focus areas (e.g. on a selection of therapies or other key competencies) will be decided, but in a team environment MM’s ( 80% office 20 % field based) and MSLs ( 80% field 20% office) have to be able to stand in for each other. Together the MM, MSLs for the medical scientific support, the medical input to product strategy and for the core medical functions like; Pharmacovigilance, Medical Information, medical training and facilitation of medical scientific projects.
• Supporting and coordinating execution of the Nusinersen EAP in the region
• Developing the medical scientific presentation and communication content for the region
• Supporting planning preparation and execution of regional SMA Expert Forums and Advisory Boards
• Developing concept and facilitating harmonization/improvement of the current national SMA disease registries in the Region together with SMA Scientific community
• Providing scientific/medical understanding/insight in development of national SMA Treatment guidelines.
• Developing and executing regional SMA medical education concept in collaboration with SMA Leading experts; Supporting medical presence and educational activities at SMA relevant congresses
• Contributing to development of regional medical strategy and tactical plan, including implementation of regional projects.
• Providing medical training, medical scientific advise , medical project support primarily to MSLs and other regional functions like Market Access, PAG management, Marketing, Business Ops.
• Supporting MI process in the region
• Visiting SMA Leading Experts
• Be an active member of the regional SMA Medical team and partner in cross functional eLOT team.
*LI-EU1LocationZug, SwitzerlandJob CategoryGlobal Medical/Medical AffairsRequisition Number28945BRQualifications
• 4 or more years of relevant work experience including work in an affiliate.
• Good communicative and organizational skills.
• Independent team worker.
• Flexible mind-set and see changes as mandatory.
• Good customer-relations and networking capacities.
• Excellent Communication & Interpersonal skills.
• Pro-active self-starter.
• High energy level and able to deal with stress.
• An insight and/or interest in Neuromuscular Disease and Pediatric neurology is essential.
• Experience working in Rare disease area
• Fluent in English.Education
• Preferably a Medical Physician by education
• Pharmaceutical/ Life sciencesAbout BiogenBiogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for Alzheimer’s Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, spinal muscular atrophy and neuropathic pain amongst others.
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment:Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Biology, Manager, Marketing Manager, Science, Management, Marketing