Associate Director Pricing, Tendering and Contracts
External Posting TitleAssociate Director Pricing, Tendering and ContractsJob DescriptionThe Associate Director Pricing, tendering and contracts will be the center point for a large volume of critical activity. The incumbent will serve as “price management and implementation” point of contact for assigned markets. With the Head of Market Access the manager will work collaboratively to support local price negotiation strategies, innovative access schemes and manage diversions from global price policy. This individual will be expected to partner cross-functionally with market access leads, finance, business operations, decision support and country-based personnel.
• Shape contracting strategy and create contract and tender templates that fit the most markets and provide a base for the rest.
• Develop business cases, scenario analysis and pricing strategy
• Build simple budget impact models for regional usage
• Develops a strong understanding of therapeutic area and payer landscapes
• Stays on top of payer access management policies in therapeutic areas.
• Demonstrates strong knowledge of European treatment dynamics, algorithms and disease guidelines in relation to payer guideline trends
• Understands patient populations and segments of varying unmet medical need
• Collaborates in tendering strategies and innovative access schemes
• Collaborates with country market access and country leads to develop appropriate tendering strategies and plans for execution
• Supports the Head of Market Access with analytics and current marketplace pricing information as well as responds to information requests from countries and other internal stakeholders for pricing information.
• Conducts pan European reference pricing revenue risk for EU
• Routinely monitors BIIB and competitor price and reimbursement activity with countries and via secondary information services
• Provides pricing inputs to forecasting in collaboration with finance and Head of Market Access.
• Leads price forecasting process for assigned products
• Scans horizon for anticipated price actions
• Works with head of finance during the AOP and SFT process milestones
*LI-EU3LocationZug, SwitzerlandJob CategoryMarket AccessRequisition Number28862BRQualifications
• Minimum 6 year’s relevant experience.
• Preferably experience in biosimilars / generic products / pharmaceutical wholesalers / distributors a plus.
• In depth knowledge of pharmaceutical reimbursement & pricing systems
• Track record of successful pricing strategies and winning tenders/contracts
• Experience working successfully with virtual teams
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
• Highly focused on execution.
• Strategic agility / good strategic sense / keen analytical ability leading to clear identification of key issues among a large quantity of information.
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Fluent in English, preferably fluent in German or other major European languageEducationBachelors or international equivalent required, Advanced degree(s) highly preferredAbout BiogenBiogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for Alzheimer’s Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, spinal muscular atrophy and neuropathic pain amongst others.
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment:Manager, Purchasing, Pricing, Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Management, Finance, Operations, Science