Sourcing Analyst, Strategic Sourcing
External Posting TitleSourcing Analyst, Strategic SourcingJob DescriptionOverview
This is a global, strategic sourcing position responsible for providing analytical support for the development and execution of sourcing strategies for the assigned categories of spend (External Manufacturing and Distribution and Logistic). This includes supporting Team Lead and its category managers in several sourcing assignments. These may include support to Sourcing Managers in developing an understanding of key stakeholders sourcing needs, performing market research, generating analytics for sourcing strategies, and supporting execution of sourcing strategies (eg, creating competitive bidding packages, performing should-cost analyses, developing contractual term sheets, Net present value analysis, D&B reports analysis, etc.). In addition, this role supports supplier relationship management by tracking and reporting key supplier performance metrics. At times, the individual may be asked to lead low or medium-impact sourcing initiatives and teams.
• Researches and analyzes categories in support of the development of sourcing strategies. This includes obtaining business requirements from key internal clients, conducting market research, and analyzing both in support of developing sourcing strategies.
• Supports execution of sourcing strategies. This includes developing and tracking sourcing implementation plans, and performing all business-related analyses of the sourcing initiative (e.g., development of RFx packages, analyzing RFx responses, performing some business due diligence efforts, including periodic on-site due diligence at prospective suppliers), developing term sheets for contract negotiations.
• Supports category maintenance. This includes contract life-cycle management (e.g., tracking, queuing, and preparing for contract renewals, terminations, addendums, updating pricing annually, etc.), category database management (e.g., refreshing internal business requirement/impact metrics, supplier capabilities database, etc.), scanning the marketplace for changes and providing critical business intelligence to Category Managers real-time (e.g., M&A activity, bankruptcy, compliance issues, expansion of product offerings, new competition, political changes, etc.).
• Supports continuous improvement. This includes both participating in department/category business process improvements (e.g., enhancements to the sourcing process, development or revision of key sourcing procedures, etc.) and personal development.
• Support supplier relationship management. This includes tracking and reporting key performance indicators for the category of spend, supporting some of the operational due diligence efforts (e.g., being a SME during quality audits, participating quarterly business reviews with strategic partners, etc.)LocationZug, SwitzerlandJob CategoryOperations, Technology & Innovation (PO&T)Requisition Number26099BRQualifications
• A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in sourcing; experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries is an asset
• Ability to work in fast paced environment and work in cross functional teams
• Good analytical skills and strong attention to detail
• Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
• Fluent English is mandatory, any other European Language is an asset
• Bachelor Degree in life sciences or related faculties preferredEducationn/aAbout BiogenBiogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for Alzheimer’s Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, spinal muscular atrophy and neuropathic pain amongst others.
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment:Biotech, Strategic Sourcing, Pharmaceutical, Science, Operations, Strategy, Research