Senior Manager, Instrumentation & Controls
External Posting TitleSenior Manager, Instrumentation & ControlsJob DescriptionMAIN PURPOSE:
The Senior I&C Manager position will oversee and manage all aspects of the Instrumentation and Controls functions for the Solothurn campus. The campus consists of a Central Utilities Building, Warehouse, BMC’s, and related supporting buildings and equipment,. This function will plan and co-ordinate daily operations to meet preventive calibration shedules of all utilities and process equipment in full compliance with Quality, Safety and cGMP standards.
The position will direct the development of departmental workflows, workload management, guidance instructions or procedures and general technical support to cross-functional lab, operations, and office staff.
This position will also be instrumental in building the required cGMP procedures for the site, related to the calibration activities and align them with global procedures and guidelines
1. Builds and Directs the Instrument & Controls department in support of Manufacturing operations. Creates goals and tracks metrics against operational goals. Aligns priorities across functional subgroups. Develops, communicates, and implements tactical goals in support of Manufacturing operations and Facility utilization.
2. Establishes and maintains procedures related to the Metrology Program that ensures compliance to cGMP’s. Manage department to maintain performance with compliance expectations. Oversees accuracy and improvement to the Metrology management database to ensure consistency, compliance with internal procedures and overall cGMP compliance.
3. Creates and maintains systems that promote safety and comply with all safety procedures and regulations. Ensures all safety incidents are properly investigated and corrective / preventive actions are implemented.
4.Develop Capital expense plans/ projects that support continuos improvement and own the AMS functionality of Emerson (Monitor all instruments to avoid unforeseen outage) as well as improving control loop performance (Utilities and process)
5. Develops resource allocations and coordinates Calibration activities with manufacturing and laboratory personnel in the execution of maintenance activities. (Integrated planning within operations)LocationSolothurn, SwitzerlandJob CategoryOperations, Technology & Innovation (PO&T)Requisition Number28229BRQualifications- Min. of 5 years Management Experience, preferably in Metrology
- Min. of 10 years in a cGMP manufacturing environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent understanding of Instrumentation and Controls / planning /
- Good understanding of cGMP operations
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to resolve problems with poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Good leadership / People managerial skills
- Good technical knowledge of instrumentation and automationEducationBachelor’s degree in Electrical engineering, Automation engineering, or equivalent job experience.About BiogenBiogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for Alzheimer’s Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, spinal muscular atrophy and neuropathic pain amongst others.
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment:Biotech, Instrumentation, Engineer, Electrical, Manager, Science, Engineering, Management