Head Instrument & Controls
External Posting TitleHead Instrument & ControlsJob DescriptionMAIN PURPOSE:
The Head of Instrument & Controls position will oversee the Instrument needs, identification, calibration and repair interventions for the Solothurn campus.
This function will plan and co-ordinate daily operations to meet calibration of related equipment in full compliance with Quality, Safety and cGMP standards.
The position will direct the development of departmental workflows, workload management, guidance instructions or procedures and general technical support to Manufacturing & Utilities.
This position will also be instrumental in building the required cGMP procedures for the Instrument & Controls department, related to the calibration activities and align them with global procedures and guidelines.
1. Builds and Directs Instrument & Controls department in support of Manufacturing and Utilities operations. Creates goals and tracks metrics against operational goals. Aligns priorities across functional subgroups. Develops, communicates, and implements tactical goals in support of Manufacturing and Utilities operations.
2. Establishes and maintains procedures related to the Instrument & Controls Program that ensures compliance to cGMP’s. Manage department to maintain performance with compliance expectations. Oversees accuracy and improvement to the Instrument & Controls management database to ensure consistency, compliance with internal procedures and overall cGMP compliance.
3. Creates and maintains systems that promote safety and comply with all safety procedures and regulations. Ensures all safety incidents are properly investigated and corrective / preventive actions are implemented.
4. Maintains the Instrument & Controls parc in a 2 x 8h modus, develop and operate an on-call duty.
5. Develops resource allocations and coordinates Instrument & Controls activities with users personnel in the execution of calibration activities. (Integrated planning within operations)LocationSolothurn, SwitzerlandJob CategoryOperations, Technology & Innovation (PO&T)Requisition Number28229BRQualifications- Min. of 3 years Management Experience, preferably in Instrument & Controls
- Min. of 5 years in a cGMP manufacturing environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent understanding of Instrument / Controls / reliability / planning / MRO
- Good understanding of cGMP operations
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to resolve problems with poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Good leadership / People managerial skills
- Good technical knowledge of (bio) process instruments and DCS.EducationBachelor’s degree in Electrical engineering, Automation engineering, or equivalent job experience.About BiogenBiogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for Alzheimer’s Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, spinal muscular atrophy and neuropathic pain amongst others.
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment: Biotech, Engineer, Electrical, Database, Science, Engineering, Research, Technology