Lead Engineer, Automation
External Posting TitleLead Engineer, AutomationJob DescriptionMAIN PURPOSE:
Responsible for the Development of the Automation and MES systems (Delta V and Syncade) to enable the Start-up, Commissioning and Validation the new Large Scale Manufacturing facility to be located at the Solothurn, Switzerland campus. Scope includes building a strategy for execution of the Automation Scope including the required team of internal Automation Engineers, Contractors, Staff Augmentation, to develop the Automation and MES code to align with the Next Generation Automation approach of controlling the process and information systems within the Next Generation Manufacturing Operation.
This scope will also include aligning the scope definition of the required hardware coordinated with the equipment vendors, development of the Automation software and system coordinated with the required project schedule to enable equipment FAT’s, on-site SAT’s, commissioning and validation of the process systems to meet the overall project schedule. Further to coordinate interfaces with the Historian system (PI), Data Acquisition System (DAS), Building Management System (BMS), Central Alarm Management System and the Manufacturing Control Network (MCN).
1. Builds and leads the DeltaV Automation Team and system integrators including internal and external staff, and any contractors required to deliver the Automation and MES systems in accordance to the project schedule and the Next Generation Automation Initiative, including all changes and corrections required to meet the equipment functionality and report our all needed information to supporting IT platforms.
2. Responsible for developing Automation application software and end user interface to accommodate easy use within the manufacturing operation, including development of simulation system that can be used to train manufacturing associates.
3. Responsible for Validation of the Automaton and MES systems, with appropriate change controls
4. Coordinates with other project managers in the project to ensure overall coordination of the job, including resources, consistency in execution strategies, efficiency in onboarding, and overall safety on the site, including direct responsibility for safety within your area of responsibility.
5. Interfaces with customer groups on the project to ensure we are designing, executing, and delivering to in accordance to Global Engineering Procedures, including Quality, Facilities, MEF, MFG, and EHS. This will include building strong relationships with the customer base and helping them set the proper expectations for project delivery.LocationSolothurn, SwitzerlandJob CategoryOperations, Technology & Innovation (PO&T)Requisition Number26503BRQualifications- The incumbent must have demonstrated capability for technical leading of complex Delta V Automation projects with integrated MES systems initial development through validation of the facility.
- The incumbent must also have the capability to define and set technical direction for the automation team.
- The incumbent must have a minimum of 15 years experience in the biotech engineering/manufacturing environment and have been involved in a minimum of one facility construction or Biotech start-up efforts.
- Languages: English & German fluent
This position may need to travel up to 50% to participate in project development in Denmark and vendor visits at their locationsEducationThe incumbent is required to have minimum a Bachelor of Science degree in Automation, Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical EngineeringAbout BiogenBiogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for Alzheimer’s Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, spinal muscular atrophy and neuropathic pain amongst others.
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment:Engineering Manager, Construction, Biotech, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Engineering, Science