Director, International Markets, Medical, MENA
External Posting TitleDirector, International Markets, Medical, MENAJob DescriptionSummary:
To ensure excellence in Medical Affairs-related strategies and activities in alignment with Worldwide Medical strategies across designated countries/territories. This is achieved through liaising with Distributor Medical Directors and Distributor Medical Departments in all relevant disease areas and products for geographies and/or projects assigned currently encompassing Greece, Turkey, Middle East and North Africa (MENA). This position reports to Senior Director, International Markets, Medical, Zug
• Collaborate closely with Distributors’ medical teams and other relevant staff from Distributor companies and Biogen’s Distributor Team to plan and execute Medical strategies and related activities (incl core Medical activities such as internal medical training, external medical education, publication and medical communication, medical information governance, medical advisory boards, data generation, review of promotional material, MSL excellence, market access support etc.) and ensure integrity in all these activities. This is to ensure consistent implementation of global and regional strategies and activities, to be achieved through regular contact and face-to-face meetings including meetings in Distributor countries.
• Liaise with Worldwide Medical partners to ensure alignment and efficient execution of related Medical activities. Ensure that communication & processes across regions, functions (global & regional) and countries are running efficiently and are aligned, and ensure best practice sharing. This is achieved through regular internal meetings at regional HQ (Zug, Switzerland) or global HQ (Cambridge MA, USA).
• Liaise with other internal functions as needed including Biogen Distributor Commercial teams, Compliance teams, Legal teams, regional/global SABR (Safety and Benefit/Risk) and regional/global Regulatory Affairs (RA) partners to ensure respective needs are fulfilled for the designated countries/territories. This is achieved through regular internal liaison and face-to-face meetings as needed.LocationZug, SwitzerlandJob CategoryGlobal Medical/Medical AffairsRequisition Number28699BRQualifications
• Pharma industry experience (minimum 5 years) ideally in medical affairs and/or clinical development in larger bio/pharma
• Excellent working knowledge of medical affairs, clinical research and regulatory affairs
• Medical expertise in relevant Therapeutic Areas; Neurology
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage, motivate and influence regardless of team or reporting structure
• Ensure integrity related to all Medical activities, in line with Biogen Compliance and Integrity standards and with international regulations
• Scientific acumen and credibility enabling peer-to-peer relationships with health-care professionals and other internal and external stakeholders
• Business acumen to collaborate and partner with commercial functions as appropriate
• Pro-active style and high level of initiative, enthusiasm and drive
• Fluent in English and Arabic, both spoken and written; additional languages desirable (French and Turkish)Education
• MD, PhD (Life Sciences) or Pharm D preferredAbout BiogenBiogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for Alzheimer’s Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, spinal muscular atrophy and neuropathic pain amongst others.
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment:Biotech, Manager, Biology, Science, Management, Research