External Posting TitleUtilities OperatorJob DescriptionMAIN PURPOSE:
The utility operators will operate the main utilities of the Solothurn Campus. It includes, but not limited to, medium pressure boilers, water systems, chillers, air compressors, glycol systems, biowaste inactivation , waste neutralization, WFI stills, clean steam generators, as well as all the equipment in the tankfarm.
These activities are happening in a 24/7 operations, so shift work is a requirement.
They also provide troubleshooting activities for the utilities, supporting maintenance activities as well as they are first contact person for technical issue’s during off-hours. (24/7 support)
1. Operate all site utility systems in order to support all the site activities and production sheme.
2. Monitor all utility systems out of the CUB control room, and also oversee critical alarms from the Delta V process control system and BMS. Act properly if out of trend measurements are happening and provide appropriate reporting (to improve if required, or to avoid production interruption)
3. Perform regular tours in all the technical area’s of the facility. Log critical information and start investigations if alarms occur, analyse water systems…
4. Maintains utility systems as indicated in SOP’s, close out WO’s. Some of the individual operators can be acting as SME for dedicated equipments (for example, 1 person for Chillers, 1 person for boilers, water systems….)LocationSolothurn, SwitzerlandJob CategoryOperations, Technology & Innovation (PO&T)Requisition Number28546BRQualifications- Min. of 2-5 years technical Experience, preferably in Maintenance
- Good understanding of Maintenance / reliability Maintenance / planning /
- Good understanding of Utility systems (boilers, chillers, HVAC, water systems, pumps…)
- Experience with CMMS systems, planning tools
- Good technical knowledge and troubleshooterEducationTechnical degree (electrical or Mechanical)About BiogenBiogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies to improve the lives of patients with neurodegenerative diseases, hematologic conditions and autoimmune diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology company. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for secondary progressive MS, Alzheimer’s Disease, spinal muscular atrophy, lupus and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), amongst others.
With more than 7,500 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment:Biotech, Electrical, HVAC, Facilities, Science, Engineering, Operations, Research