IT Functional Lead- Medical- Ex US
External Posting TitleIT Functional Lead- Medical- Ex USJob DescriptionThe Associate Director, Ex-US Medical IT is the single point of accountability to the Vice Presidents of the EU+ and LATAM/APAC Medical organizations for all IT needs. The individual in this role is the primary EU+ / LATAM and APAC lead for strategy and implementation for all applications of information technology to the business needs and challenges of the International Medical (Ex-US) community. The individual in this role is also a key member of the R&D IT organization, reporting to the Senior Director Medical IT and dotted line into the VP IT International.
The Medical team provides scientific and medical expertise for late stage development and post market support for Biogen’s drugs for both internal and external customers. The person in this role leads the information technology strategy and implementation for systems used by scientists, physicians and disease experts, who review, prepare and present information to answer questions from healthcare providers, internal groups and patient services and oversee late stage (Phase IV) clinical trials. The lead in this role will partner to support digital innovation and process improvements to systems and services including CRM, Medical Information, content management, collaboration, data analysis, and knowledge bases used by the Ex-US Medical team to develop and share accurate and up-to-date information about Biogen’s sciences and products.
• Serve as focal point for Int’l Medical and partner with the business to build a clear IT roadmap that supports the business strategy
• Represent the IT organization as a contributing member of the EU+ and LATAM / APAC Medical Leadership teams
• Understand and anticipate strategic, market, and operational technology needs and opportunities and translate effectively into technology solutions and business process improvements. Facilitate change via technology - identify business opportunities enabled through technology
• Oversee project execution, working across the IT organization (Enterprise Architecture, Technical Delivery Teams, Support Teams, IT Quality, IT Security, etc.), leading implementation / deployment of IT projects to deliver successful business outcomes.
• Maintaining an overall understanding of the international medical organizations needs and strategy, ensuring that we are working on the right IT priorities and the team is appropriately resourced with both talent and budget.
• Responding and communicating in both tactical and strategic issues come up with the overall set of IT solutions and services that are used by the people in the international Medical organizations at Biogen
• Medical IT Portfolio Management
• Utilizing broad business and IT knowledge to proactively research strategic technological solutions
• Influencing long range business goals and objectives through partnerships and communication
• Building and managing peer and management-level relationships through achievement of results, accountable to schedule, and allocation of resources and meeting customer needs
• User experience oriented - think about what the customers aren’t asking for, with a focus on “a day in the life better, easier, faster, cheaper”
• Stakeholder management and stakeholder alignment in all change initiatives (change management focus)
• coordinate /manage the deployment of global initiated Medical IT project in all markets outside US (timeline and resource negotiation)
*LI-POT2LocationZug, SwitzerlandJob CategoryITRequisition Number29153BRQualifications
• Minimum of 7-10 years working either in or near a biopharmaceutical Medical or Commercial IT organization
• Previous ‘Big 5’ consultancy experience preferred
• Clear and crisp Communication
• Cultural awareness
• Experience overseeing medical and medical information services and systems globally distributed and understanding of the regulatory requirements and landscape
• Experience managing resources and projects across a geographically distributed region
• Demonstrated ability to work and influence at multiple levels within multidisciplinary and matrixed organization
• Familiarity with EU+ privacy and legal regulations
• Project managementEducation
• Master’s Degree in Information Technology, MBA or combination of related degree and / or experience that exceeds the minimum qualifications.About BiogenBiogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for Alzheimer’s Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, spinal muscular atrophy and neuropathic pain amongst others.
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment:Biotech, Information Technology, IT Architecture, Biology, R&D, Science, Technology, Research