External Posting TitleParalegalJob DescriptionWe are hiring a paralegal to help support the implementation of new business operations throughout Biogen’s European business with an initial focus on providing support for our biosimilar commercial activities. The position, which will report to the Senior Legal Director, Biosimilars, will be based in Zug, Switzerland.
The successful candidate will be an important member of a new team established to develop, implement and support contracting (and contract management), tendering and other related market access efforts for each of our European affiliates. The role will also require close support of Biogen’s legal team on other commercial projects spanning all commercial areas of Biogen’s operations in Europe.
Summary of key responsibilities for this position include:
• Assist the legal team in the development, and implementation of an effective tender response process and system that will become embedded in each Biogen affiliate, overseen from the European headquarters in Zug. The initial focus of this project is in relation to Biogen’s biosimilar operations.
• Perform a key role in the day-to-day management and oversight of the tendering and contracting process, including tracking tenders, assisting in the preparation of submissions, contract preparation. Liaising with local, regional and European HQ management and business teams in the preparation of submissions and bids. Reviewing RFPs and other invitations to tender in light of European public procurement requirements.
• Liaise with outside counsel on tender/market access issues affecting contracting. Assist legal team identify issues/ challenges or other legal actions relating to tenders/contracts.
• Development & implementation of new contract templates and contract management systems; ensure regional/local variations & requirements addressed appropriately. Act as the key point of contact for contract management activities.
• Support the biosimilars legal team on providing training to internal clients on relevant legal issues / good contracting practice/tenders.
• Provide support & escalation to other team members on substantive legal issues.
• Support biosimilars legal team and other team members in specific projects.
• Communicate and perform cross functionally by working closely with legal, market access, medical affairs, finance, supply chain and other business functionsLocationZug, SwitzerlandJob CategoryLegal & ComplianceRequisition Number28117BRQualificationsIn order to apply for this position, you should be a contracts and tendering process specialist with :
• Extensive work experience in the area of contract management preferably in the pharmaceutical/life science area.
• Experience in Pharma tendering will be greatly valued.
• Fluent written and spoken English and at least one other European language
• Proven drafting skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating an ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels
• A positive, enthusiastic, and proactive approach to your work
• Effective personal organisational and time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple demands
• The ability to work to tight timescales with a sense of urgency
• Common sense, commerciality and the ability to exercise sound judgementEducation
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in law, life sciences, business studies or healthcare managementAbout BiogenBiogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for Alzheimer’s Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, spinal muscular atrophy and neuropathic pain amongst others.
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment:Biotech, Procurement, Supply, Pharmaceutical, Science, Operations, Research