Manager, Utility Systems
External Posting TitleManager, Utility SystemsJob DescriptionMAIN PURPOSE:
Provides day-to-day leadership to the utility operators / technicians and is responsible for the availability of the utility systems(quality and throughput) and this in compliance with Biogen Quality and Safety guidelines. Liaises with all relevant customer functions to ensure utilities and equipment are acceptable at all times.
He/She will manage this group and will be responsible for generation and maintenance of all relevant SOP’s and Work instructions required for the black and clean utilities, including support utilities.
1. Builds and Directs the Utilities team. Provides day to day management of the team, assure availability of technicians in a 24/7 work scheme. Monitors and controls relevant departmental KPI’s. Key interface with Manufacturing and Maintenance in to discuss the planning that could impact activities. Defines the start-up sequence of all utility systems.
2. Establishes and maintains procedures related to the Utilities that ensures compliance to cGMP’s and HSE procedures. Manage department to maintain performance within these compliance expectations. Assures continues improvement mentality in the team, as well as the required standard for housekeeping in the CUB, operator room and all utility areas.
3. Creates and maintains systems that promote safety and comply with all safety procedures and regulations. Ensures all safety incidents in his/her area of responsibility are properly investigated and corrective / preventive actions are implemented.
4.Collect and analyze all data of the utility systems and review this with the Responsible engineers and HSE reps.
(Energy monitoring, optimization of control loops, ….) and collaborate with other functions on activities that affect utility systems or area’s. Subject matter expert for utilities.LocationSolothurn, SwitzerlandJob CategoryOperations, Technology & Innovation (PO&T)Requisition Number28500BRQualifications- At least more than 10 years experience working as a Maintenance Technician or Operator in a multi-skilled team environment, of which preferably 5 years working as Maintenance Team Leader in a (GMP) manufacturing environment.
- Excellent understanding utility Systems and preventive maintenance systems.
(Chillers / Boilers / Air Compressors / Electrical systems / HVAC / chilled water / sprinkler systems ….)
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills including the ability to resolve problems with poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Good leadership / People managerial skillsEducationBachelor’s degree in Electrical / Mechanical engineering or equivalent by experience.About BiogenBiogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for Alzheimer’s Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, spinal muscular atrophy and neuropathic pain amongst others.
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment:Biotech, Architecture, Engineer, Electrical, Science, Engineering, Research