Product Specialist, External Manufacturing (fixed term contract)
External Posting TitleProduct Specialist, External Manufacturing (fixed term contract)Job DescriptionOverview
Supports the management of a Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs) responsible for the production of finished goods. Facilities and coordinates cross functional cooperation between External Manufacturing and Supply Chain Planning, Supplier Quality and other internal and external groups.
o Generates overviews for production meeting to ensure continues stable supply
o Supports tactical operations at CMO site(s), including performing inventory transactions, creating batch production documentation, procurement administration, forecasting materials management and change
o Ensures all documentation required for operations is up to date and compliant for use
o Monitors and evaluates KPI metrics to measure CMO performanceLocationZug, SwitzerlandJob CategorySupply Chain, Global Operations, Operations, Technology & Innovation (PO&T)Requisition Number27848BRQualifications
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working within Biotech/Pharmaceutical supply chain field.
• Highly motivated, able to work independently as well as part of a team
• Ability to prioritize and drive for results
• Good communication skills
• Fluent English (written and spoken) is a must
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Life Science/ Quality/Engineering or Education in a related fieldEducationn/aAbout BiogenBiogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for Alzheimer’s Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, spinal muscular atrophy and neuropathic pain amongst others.
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment:Biotech, Engineer, Pharmaceutical, Supply, Procurement, Science, Engineering, Operations