S&OP Coordinator, Biosimilars
External Posting TitleS&OP Coordinator, BiosimilarsJob DescriptionOverview
The Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) Coordinator is responsible for the leading the S&OP process for the Biosimilars portfolio. He or she drives the implementation, and sustainability of the Biogen 'fit for purpose' S&OP process within the Biosimilar Organization. The S&OP Coordinator role is the integration point between with Commercial team, Finance, International Commercial Supply Chain, and serves as the regional contact for the Global S&OP team. The S&OP Coordinator will drive accountability and process improvements based on key performance metrics and targets.
1. Demand Review
• interacts with the Commercial teams, marketing, and finance to understand demand forecast drivers and trends
• Review sales plans (actuals), Finance updates (AOP and long range financial plans) or latest estimates and demand drivers
• Present, solicit, and assess feedback on the various forecasts from Commercial and Finance
• Recommend adjustments for operational forecasts (scenarios)
• Monitor trends in forecast accuracy and forecast bias
• Review change logs explaining variances to plan and prior forecasts
• Drive scenario development
• Ensure that demand forecasts align with NPI and LCM plans
2. Supply Review
• He or she ensures that demand and supply are in balance, that projected inventory levels achieve targeted objectives and supply risks are identified and mitigated
• Review supply scenarios and resolve out of balance issues. Review excess & obsolescence. Escalate issues to the S&OP Alignment meeting
• Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing demand strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs
3. Alignment MeetingLocationZug, SwitzerlandJob CategoryOperations, Technology & Innovation (PO&T)Requisition Number28857BRQualifications
• Minimum 5 to 8 years working experience in an S&OP or Demand & Supply Planning role, preferably in the Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry
• Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills (excellent written and verbal communicator with the ability to articulate recommendations and key decision points to senior management)
• Demonstrated experience reducing complex subjects to key points. Ability to work in fast paced environments and great organizational skills to effectively balance a broad range of projects, and tasks in parallel
• Able to deal with high levels of ambiguity and complexity. Anticipates potential risks, develops corresponding contingency plans, and is capable of acting proactively in order to support strategic and/or complex decisions.
• Exceptional team player (ability to direct and participate in cross functional and management teams). Ability to develop strong network across company
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills to attain buy-in from different stakeholders and decision makers
• Experience with Demand Planning tools, preferably DemantraEducationn/aAbout BiogenBiogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for Alzheimer’s Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, spinal muscular atrophy and neuropathic pain amongst others.
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment:Biotech, Sales Operations, Pharmaceutical Sales, Pharmaceutical, Science, Sales, Research