Area Business Manager (region Lausanne, Geneva)
External Posting TitleArea Business Manager (region Lausanne, Geneva)Job DescriptionWe are looking for a fieldbased
Area Business Manager (m/f)
Region: Lausanne, Geneva
Summary: The Area Business Manager(ABM) is expected to maximize territory sales performance by developing and executing an effective business plan. Doing so necessitates utilizing resources provided by Biogen, analyzing territory performance, identifying customer needs, defining action plans and implementing local marketing strategies, and organizing programs and related efforts that will positively impact others’ understanding of and interest in the assigned products. The ABM is responsible for executing these activities within both internal and external compliance regulations and territory budgets. The ABM shall be involved in special projects and pilots.
1. Achieving sales goals: Works toward overachievement of sales goals set by the organization; Prioritizes activities that drive market share; Applies marketing and business strategy/tactics in order to maximize sales outcomes. Consistently operates in the professional selling approach.
2. Business planning: Develops and executes a territory plan that includes prioritized regional goals; Analyzes data to identify viable opportunities; Coordinates and utilizes available resources (plans and organizes regional events, programs, luncheons, materials); understands and leverages business analytics to maximize regional opportunities.
3. Leveraging and coordinating resources: Takes lead role in mobilizing resources in support of customer needs; Uses resources in a smart and impactful way; Digs beneath surface and seeks resources that address the core of an issue; Aligns with other ABMs in overlapping territories; Collaborates with internal teams and cross-functional partners to advance programs and initiatives. Improves customer’s service and patient outcomes by x-functional teamwork.
4. Supporting successful patient outcomes: Closely tracks progress of new patients starting treatment (as appropriate in the geography and according to law requirements/restrictions); Informs healthcare providers and other stakeholders regarding access and reimbursement programs (as appropriate in the geography) and ensures appropriate service of Biogen; Ensures availability of product (where applicable); Interacts appropriately with internal compliance experts to ensure efforts are aligned with relevant laws and regulations.
5. Maintaining best in class knowledge: Demonstrates industry-leading understanding of disease state, products (Biogen and competition), clinical practices, market dynamics, and healthcare systems; Proactively seeks external opportunities for learning, including conferences, seminars, and professional associations; Participates actively in training to acquire and advance knowledge; Is seen as the internal and external expert and is used as internal resources for day to day questions.
6. Conducting administrative follow-through: Keeps timely documentation (e.g., expense reports, compliance related) and provides inputs required for planning and coordination; Ensure performance of Frequency of sales calls on designated customers in the territory; Makes appropriate use of processes and technology and constantly operates in the professional selling approach.LocationZug, SwitzerlandJob CategoryCommercial OperationsRequisition Number28958BRQualifications
• Fluent in French + German & English (spoken and written)
• Several years of pharmaceutical/health care sales experience, preferably in specialty sales
• Proven and sustained track record of reaching and exceeding sales goals
• Strong selling skills and interpersonally savvy
• Excellent knowledge of the Swiss healthcare Market
• Strong team player with ability to motivate others
• Drive and desire for success, proactive
• Good IT skills
• Ideally, experience in project management
Works independently while collaborating proactively with both cross-functional partners and other colleagues in the assigned territory
• Proactively addresses emerging problems by working remotely to collaborate with internal partners and colleagues
• Requires a command of highly scientific and technical subject matter
• Very customer, market and objective oriented
• Ability to think and act in an analytical manner, planful and organized
• Professional presence
• Thrives on autonomy and independence
• Holds him-/herself and others accountable
• Very good communication skills
• Ability to deal with ambiguity
• High ethical standards and compliance with the Biogen Code of Business Conduct
• Shows winning attitude, drive positive attitude and x-functional cooperation (incl. adherence to MAOP)
• Pro-active best practice sharing, and territory support / cooperation
• Asks actively for feedback to improve own performance and grows him-/herself and other team members
• Wants to be a role model employee of Biogen SwitzerlandEducation
• Natural sciences, medical, para-medical, economic education or any other relevant background
*LI-EU1About BiogenBiogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for Alzheimer’s Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, spinal muscular atrophy and neuropathic pain amongst others.
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment:Biotech, Regional Manager, Pharmaceutical Sales, Pharmaceutical, Science, Management, Sales, Research