Logistics Manager, Projects (fixed term contract)
External Posting TitleLogistics Manager, Projects (fixed term contract)Job DescriptionOverview
The Logistics Manager oversees daily Supply Chain activities for International markets. In addition, the Manager manages the efficient flow of goods, services, and information throughout the commercial supply chain. The Manager builds relationships with and acts as a key resource and escalation point for internal and external customers. The ultimate goal of the Manager is to ensure desired customer service levels are met and to ensure continuous product supply.
In addition, the Manager analyzes cross functional and logistics processes, establishes and implements standard practices, processes and procedures for group/department/program, and he/she translates strategic objectives into plans for team execution.
• Leads and participates on cross functional teams and manages projects
• Analyze cross functional and logistics processes, establishes and implements standard practices, processes and procedures for group/department/program
• Develop and implement broad and efficient solutions that improve the quality and efficiency of the supply chain and to ensure desired customer service levels are met. Chairs meetings as required to facilitate process improvement or issue resolution requiring a broader cross functional group and as required presents at Senior Management meetings
• Helps develop departmental budget and prioritizes resources and timelines to complete multiple projects within budget
• He/she provides career guidance, coaches and provides guidance to other members of the team
• Management of internal and external Customer Relationships - maintain high level of customer service. The Manager builds relationships with and acts as a key resource and escalation point for internal and external customers
• Represent Logistics as Subject Matter Expert for certain areasLocationZug, SwitzerlandJob CategoryOperations, Technology & Innovation (PO&T)Requisition Number27991BRQualifications
• Minimum of 6 years working experience in a Logistics / Supply Chain role or within the Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry or any other regulated industry such Food/Medical device
• Experience within an international and controlled environment
• Solid Cross Functional Project Management experience
• Strong interpersonal skills are a must - excellent team player
• Strong communication skills, ability to communicate at all levels
• Fluent in English, preferably multi language skills
• Customer focused
• Conflict Management skills, ability to navigate in ambiguous environment
• Knowledge of ERP systems & advanced user of MS Office Suite
• A minimum of Bachelor's degree or Education in Supply Chain or a related fieldEducation*LI-EU3About BiogenBiogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for Alzheimer’s Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, spinal muscular atrophy and neuropathic pain amongst others.
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment:Logistics, Biotech, Project Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Pharmaceutical, Operations, Science, Technology