Manager, Media Preparation Manufacturing
External Posting TitleManager, Media Preparation ManufacturingJob DescriptionBiogen is building a new, next-generation Biologics Manufacturing Facility in Luterbach, Canton Solothurn, Switzerland. This Facility will be built to meet the rising global demand for high quality medications and to expand Biogen’s production capacities.
To support this project, we are looking for an experienced Manager for manufacturing who will be a key contributor in setting-up a new production site. In this new role, you will manage and develop a team of Manufacturing Supervisors and indirectly several technicians to administer Biogen’s applicable policies and procedures. In addition, the Manager will represent their line function in cross-functional teams.
This is a unique opportunity to bring your leadership, technical capability and passion to a world-class biotechnology company.
• Oversee start up activities for Media preparation group
o Commissioning/validation execution and timelines
o Create process flows for glass wash and autoclaving area
o Physical layout of manufacturing area
o Creating of business process for media prep and supporting function to Cell Culture.
o Training of staff in cGMP manufacturing and use of Delta V/Syncade automation systems
• Ensure a safe culture is #1 priority and builds system to support this
• Ensures production and validation timelines are met
• Manage group that will have technical responsibilities including, but not limited to, weighing of components, Delta V controlled mix tanks/filter transfer stations, analytical lab equipment for sampling, use of glass washer and autoclave, filtering solutions as well as use of electronic batch documentation
• Resolves technical issues and implements corrective issues
• Continuously challenges status quo and looks for efficiency gains in the process
• Coordinate department documentation timelines for group
• Hire and develop a well-functioning team - focusing on values and culture.
• Establishment of goals and development plans for employees.
• Train Supervisors on process activities, including safety and cGMP requirements.
• Coordinate manufacturing activities with other departments such as Quality, Materials Management, Manufacturing science, Validation, and Process Engineering.
• Manage cost within departmental budget
*LI-DEN1LocationSolothurn, SwitzerlandJob CategoryManufacturing, Quality, Clinical Operations, Technical Development, Operations, Technology & Innovation (PO&T)Requisition Number29467BRQualifications
• At least 5 years of solid practical experience with similar tasks, preferably with pharmaceutical processing in manufacturing or process development environment -within biotech, pharmaceutical or food production. Minimum of 5 years of leading a group with direct reporting
• Experience with startup of new facility would be beneficial
• Practical knowledge with cGMP's and understanding of biotech / pharma production processes and unit operations.
• Moderate to advanced knowledge of most processing equipment.
• Solid knowledge of the engineering and scientific principles associated with their areas of responsibility
• Experience working in fast paced project driven organization
• Fluency in German and English
• Must have the ability to resolve issues and negotiate solutions using tact, poise, and diplomacyEducation
• BS degree in Biotech or pharmaceutical or other relevant educational background from chemical industry, food industry, pharmaceutical or biotech industry.About BiogenBiogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for Alzheimer’s Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, spinal muscular atrophy and neuropathic pain amongst others.
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment:Chemical Research, Biotech, Media, Engineer, Pharmaceutical, Engineering, Science, Marketing