Upstream Manager, Manufacturing
External Posting TitleUpstream Manager, ManufacturingJob DescriptionBiogen is building a new, next-generation Biologics Manufacturing Facility in Luterbach, Canton Solothurn, Switzerland. This Facility will be built to meet the rising global demand for high quality medications and to expand Biogen’s production capacities.
Scheduled to begin production in early 2019, the facility will utilize new technologies pioneered by our experts in technical development and employ an innovative, world-class engineering design to deliver substantially increased productivity. It will initially house two manufacturing cells containing four 18000L bioreactors each, and its modular design will allow it to be quickly expanded to meet future manufacturing needs.
You will participate in building a new manufacturing group and will work cross functionally with project teams. You will be responsible for all aspects of a focused area in manufacturing (ie*Upstream, Downstream). Duties will include technical responsibility as well as employee management. You will continually invest in efficiency gains to drive down cost of goods while improving the development of manufacturing staff. You will lead and drive teams responsible for issue resolution associated with batch disposition.
This is a unique opportunity to bring your leadership, technical capability and passion to a world-class biotechnology company.
Your responsibilities :
• Manage functional area and innovate and evaluate efficiency gains to the MFG process while using technology to drive down human error
• Establish Manufacturing strategies and goals and continue to improve the business process
• Serve as process and technical expert for given area and represent MFG at cross functional teams such as tech transfer
• Adhere to and ensure staff is trained and executes on the corporate policies established at Biogen
• Hire dedicated staff and develop a high performance culture capable of executing in full compliance of all regulatory agencies
• Develop and continually evaluate technical and cGMP training for MFG group
• Ensure 100% compliance to EH&S standards for self and group
• Lead/establish functioning IWT’s (integrated working teams) that have no borders and act as one cohesive unit
Biogen offers a dynamic environment with focus on career development in which multicultural teams thrive on the best operating results.
*LI-DEN1LocationSolothurn, SwitzerlandJob CategoryManufacturing, Quality, Clinical Operations, Technical Development, Operations, Technology & Innovation (PO&T)Requisition Number29467BRQualifications
• 8+ years of directly related industry experience, including at least 4+ years with proven leadership role
• May have in excess of 2 to 6 direct reports overseeing a group of 10 to 50 to manage
• Experience working in fast paced project driven organization
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, and exceptional interpersonal skills
• Must have the ability to resolve issues and negotiate solutions using tact, poise, and diplomacy
• Demonstrate strong organizational and project management skills including the ability to adjust priorities as necessary
• Fluency in German and EnglishEducation
• Bachelor or Master Degree in a related fieldAbout BiogenBiogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for Alzheimer’s Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, spinal muscular atrophy and neuropathic pain amongst others.
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment:Biotech, Engineer, Biology, Manager, Science, Engineering, Management, Research